Re: Items Removed message (November 10, 2020 base game update)

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Items Removed message - no items actually missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.36
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them to be short.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I load the game it starts and play my household, so try that.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I finally load my sim household I get a message saying "You do not own one or more items they have been removed in the build mode"
What do you expect to see? I expect to see it gone, i own everything and i already tried restoring licenses on my ps4
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I open my game, load my saved file, get message saying "I do not own one more content" etc and that its been removed from build mode but nothing has been removed, and the message is annoying. I"ve already tried restoring licenses on my playstation, and im afraid to play the game with this error because i dont want it to ruin my file

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Merged Thread with 49 Me Toos

Message 34 of 61 (33,224 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Items Removed message - no items actually missing

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue that caused the “Items Removed” pop up to appear when no items were
removed from the game.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Please use this thread if you still have issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVE-Items-Removed-pop-up-appears-when-no-items-removed/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 61 of 61 (32,710 Views)

All Replies

[CURRENT ISSUE] Items Removed message - no items actually missing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

After the update finished and I restarted the computer, I loaded my game and had a Items Removed message. 

The Message box says:

Items Removed 

One or more items may not be installed on your computer or the EA Account that is currently logged in does not own these items.

2 Build mode items have been removed.

I have not encountered this before and do not know if this is a normal issue that occasionally occurs for some after an update, or something completely new? 

I am going to try doing a repair, and see what that does.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 61 (35,795 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@Wholesome_Goth 

If you have CC or Mods those were disabled and if you started the game where they were used they would be removed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 61 (35,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@jpkarlsenI don't use mods or cc.

On a slightly different note:
Is it normal for the setting to do with cc and mods to somehow be enabled on it's own after adding a pack?

Because awhile back I noticed it was suddenly enabled even though I am fairly certain it was not originally, and I did not do anything with that setting myself. (That I recall.) I think it might have been after I got Seasons installed that I noticed it was selected. 🤔

Message 3 of 61 (35,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Wholesome_Goth Happened on my save as well. Can't say what it was.

Was a vanilla save as well.

Can you tell what was removed ?

CC/Mods should disable on it's own with a patch but not enable.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 61 (35,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well, the repair did nothing. . .I still got the message after loading my game. 😐

@crinrictTried looking around build mode and can't figure out what was removed, if anything at all. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edit to add: And my game just crashed. 😓

Message 5 of 61 (35,730 Views)

Hero
@Wholesome_Goth yeah, I couldn't figure out what got removed either. It's a bit odd

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 61 (35,725 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I will have to see if I get that message when I load the Journey to Batuu save file. . .when the game loads. It crashed on me just after I actually started to play it. 😭
Message 7 of 61 (35,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So far (for me at least) it seems to have only been the one household that gets this message appearing. Switching to a different household in the same saved game I did not have it appear. I also didn't get it when in I was in my Journey to Batuu saved game. 😐

Message 8 of 61 (35,688 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Wholesome_Goth I was also having the same problem, but after rereading the patch notes I have a theory that the "removed" items might just be items that were modified in the patch and re-added.
Message 9 of 61 (35,582 Views)