Re: Skintone issue Baby

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@vaneijk4 Is this just the icon or are they dark colored in the crib ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 29 (895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The baby should have a darker skintone but they have a lighter skintone when they are in the crib. The icon shows a baby with a light skintone aswell. I looked at the gallery photo of the family, and the baby had a darker skintone. When she aged up to a toddler she had a darker skintone aswell. 

Message 22 of 29 (890 Views)

Hero
@vaneijk4 Merging this with the skin tone issues thread than as it doesn't sound it's just an icon issue like this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/For-Some-skin-tones-Baby-icon-different-color-than-Sim-Patch-1...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 29 (856 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m having this issue on console (PS4) whenever my mixed couples have a baby, the babies ALWAYS default to the lighter skin tone and sometimes end up even lighter than their parents. It’s super frustrating 

Message 24 of 29 (786 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All!

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 25 of 29 (2,031 Views)

Champion

I've had this on console for over a year if memory serves me right. Defaults to much, much darker skintone than parents. It's not something that massively bothers me but just adding additional info. It started after adding Realm of Magic.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 26 of 29 (639 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Issues with Skin Tone Genetics (Patch 1.69.59)

★ Guide

Medium dad and light mom had a dark baby in my game lol. One of my friends said all her babies are dark. My other friend said the scott’s from henford had a white baby. 

Message 27 of 29 (585 Views)

Hero
@LyssSimpatico Is the baby dark in the crib or just the icon/household manager pic ? If you grow the baby up for testing, is it still dark ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 29 (560 Views)

Hero

I'm going to archive this thread since skin tones and genetics got work with this patch.

If you still have issues, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 29 (1,822 Views)