Re: Black Sims are having white babies, bug?

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Issues with Skin Tone Genetics (Patch 1.69.59)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to for baby, and wait and see, or play with genetics in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? My children are always born with white skin unless both parents are darker, and even then it happens in play with genetics
What do you expect to see? Children born with a shade around the halfway point of their parents, because that is what I was getting before
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The slider update

I have several biracial families and noticed all of my sims kids were being born caucasian after the slider update. And not just any caucasian. The whitest of the white; white than their white parent. I was excited to see this addressed in the december 14th patch, but nothing changed so my excitement was for nothing.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 29 (4,258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Issues with Skin Tone Genetics (Patch 1.69.59)

Hero

I'm going to archive this thread since skin tones and genetics got work with this patch.

If you still have issues, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 29 (1,803 Views)

All Replies

Re: Skin Tones

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SBCASIJudd Did you update your game to the emergency patch ? Were they born before or after that ?

Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

THank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (4,219 Views)

Black Sims are having white babies, bug?

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 18.5
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except Journey to Batuu, and all stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into create a sim, or look at auto-generated babies in manage households - other households.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have noticed that black sims (not tan, but very dark skin tones) are having babies with white skin, at the palest skin tone option.
What do you expect to see? Very pale toned babies and children when they should be dark skin tones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have seen this problem in both households that I am playing, and in households I have never played. I have checked to make sure the parents are both dark skinned, and they are, so I can see no gameplay related reason for this to be happen. I can go into cas and change the babies skin tone to a darker one, but this is a little annoying to do for all of my families, especially with unplayed households having babies all the time. 

Message 3 of 29 (4,137 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have this issue on my PC, mine will have light skin and orange hair. If you have cc installed it could be why, that’s the only explanation I have come up with.

Message 4 of 29 (4,114 Views)

Hero
@emilyhjohnson There's an issue with the icons and pictures. Are they actually that color when you visit the household ? Like is it just the pictures or the actual babies ?

Thread for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Baby-icon-household-picture-different-colour-than-Sim/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 29 (4,108 Views)

★ Novice

I have checked the unplaced households and seen that the babies are indeed white. They have the same faces as the parents but an incredibly lighter skin tone. 
The household I am playing is also having this problem, where the babies are being born very pale. Like I said I can change this in cas, and there’s nothing wrong with white babies but it ruins the story a bit. Let me know if anyone has an explanation or solution. 

Message 6 of 29 (4,074 Views)

Hero

So basically also still this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Issues-with-Skin-Tone-Genetics-Patch-1-69-59/td-p/9874066

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 29 (4,070 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Yes I believe so. Hopefully they patch it soon.
Message 8 of 29 (4,066 Views)

Hero
@emilyhjohnson Merged your post then.

make sure to click that me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 29 (4,050 Views)

Re: Issues with Skin Tone Genetics (Patch 1.69.59)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I have a tan-skinned sim who has children from 3 different dads, two white and one black. The children all 3 came out super light-skinned, lighter than either parent, even the child who was a mix of tan and black skin came out super pale. I read they had patched this, but it is not fixed for me. The mom is a spellcaster, and the dads were either normal or a spellcaster. The bug occurred anyway.

Pictures attached of the interracial couple's child for reference. I really hope they fix this!

Message 10 of 29 (3,913 Views)