[OPEN] Invisible frogs/tanks and fish/mice/ducks/crocs et al. (Laptop Mode)

by Bloodluvingirl

Original Post

Re: Invisible Fish and Frogs

★★★ Newbie

I’m still having this issue, is EA aware of the bug/possibly working on fixing it? At least that you may know of? I’m new to the forums and unsure how much EA actually sees on the forums 

Message 131 of 162 (635 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Since it's been going on over a year... me thinks they just aren't paying attention or don't care. Still a problem for myself as well.

Message 132 of 162 (751 Views)

EA Staff

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Just want to let you all know that the team is still investigating this issue. However, it will take some time.

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 133 of 162 (730 Views)

Fish turn invisible when placed in fishbowls and aquariums

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except luxury party stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Own any aquarium, even a fishbowl. 2. Catch or buy any type of fish. 3. Place the fish inside the aquarium.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you place the fish inside any aquarium, the fish(es) will be invisible.
What do you expect to see? Fish are supposed to be visible when in their aquariums.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Photo showing a seemingly empty fishbowl, except I have placed a fish in there, only it is invisible for some reason.08-24-22_12-07-05 PM.png

Message 134 of 162 (694 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimGuruRitzy Will it take two years like the big gardening bug in Seasons?
Message 135 of 162 (662 Views)

Re: Fish turn invisible when placed in fishbowls and aquariums

★★ Guide
@Paiblin Have you turned off laptop mode in the game options?
Message 136 of 162 (660 Views)

★★ Guide
@Eikonic_AF It's both
Message 137 of 162 (657 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Invisible frogs/tanks and fish/mice/ducks/crocs et al. (Laptop Mode)

★★★ Newbie
@Bloodluvingirl Yess I have this issue too !! Very annoying.
Message 138 of 162 (621 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Invisible frogs/tanks and fish/mice/ducks/crocs et al. (Laptop Mode)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello, I just got Sims 4 and the cats and dogs pack and it is still happening. I first noticed the frogs were just eyes (before having got any packs), and mice were just shadows (though I thought that was how they were meant to look), then certain objects were invisible, and finally, I could hear birds but see none. So it's a bug within the base code most likely and has either always been there or is something that broke between the release of Sims 4 and cats and dogs/ water decor (i forget which was introduced first). I'm not a coding expert by any means, I am still learning but I feel that I know enough to claim this.

Message 139 of 162 (498 Views)

frog aquarium not fully

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Симс 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Windows 11
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - dine out - city living - get together - romantic garden - move hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a frog aquarium
What happens when the bug occurs? transparent aquarium
What do you expect to see? I take out any aquarium from the luggage, and it is transparent, a screenshot is attached. This is what happened after the last update 01/17/2023
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi all!
I have an aquarium with frogs is not fully displayed after updating the game.
What to do? Wait for a new update?

Message 140 of 162 (488 Views)