[OPEN] Invisible frogs/tanks and fish/mice/ducks/crocs et al. (Laptop Mode)

by Bloodluvingirl

Original Post

[OPEN] Invisible frogs/tanks and fish/mice/ducks/crocs et al. (Laptop Mode)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a frog down in the world
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything but the glass of the tank as well as the shadow and eyes of the frog are invisible,
What do you expect to see? The normal full tank and the frog inside it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bunk bed patch.

I didn't see anyone else report this so I figured I better. I was playing my game for the first time since the bunk bed patch and I noticed something odd about the frogs I had placed down as decorations in my sims house. They were invisible except for their eyes and their shadows as well as every part of the tank except for the glass. When I tried to place other kinds of frogs down from my inventory it was effecting them to. I have no idea what would effect this, I have mods but have not added any to my game since the last time I played. I will remove what I have and see if it makes a difference.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjuisted title

Message 2 of 157 (24,506 Views)

Invisible Fish and Frogs

★★ Novice

I noticed yesterday that my sim's frogs' tank was completely gone and all you could see was the eyes of the frog, I was trying to build an aquarium wall today and the fish were also invisible, they were in the fish tank's inventory but they weren't visible, I tried turning the light on and off, taking the fish out and buying new ones, buying a new fish tank but nothing worked. I do play with mods so it is a possibility it could be an issue with them but I don't know what could be interfering with them, the only thing I haven't tried is repairing the game which I'm doing now and will update if that fixes it otherwise I am completely stumped.

Message 1 of 157 (24,468 Views)

Re: Invisible frogs and tanks

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok I removed my mods folder started a new game caught two frogs and got the same results.

Message 3 of 157 (24,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Bloodluvingirl Mine look fine. Do you have laptop mode on ?

@Preston15867 Merged your post. Same question: Do you have laptop mode on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 157 (24,434 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes I do since I am on a laptop, but as I said before the patch they looked fine. I will turn off laptop mode and check. I will also look at the fish in my tanks too and see if I also have that problem.
Message 5 of 157 (24,412 Views)

Hero
@Bloodluvingirl Just curious if it's a laptop mode issue. Would def count that as a bug if it is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 157 (24,407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictYeah they show up when you are not in laptop mode but they are invisible in laptop mode. I checked the fish too, and they to are invisible in the tank in laptop mode now. I have no idea why they are like this now, as I said
before they were both fine before the patch.

Message 7 of 157 (24,403 Views)

Re: Invisible Fish and Frogs

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried repairing my game and it didn't do anything. 

Message 8 of 157 (24,281 Views)

Re: Invisible Fish and Frogs

Hero
@DrDeadworth It's a laptop mode issue. If your machine can handle it, turn laptop mode of, otherwise you need to wait until EA fixes this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 157 (24,256 Views)

Missing Fish in Fish Tanks

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP07
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs except the new Kits and the Star Wars Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As far as I can see the bug is on all fish tanks I have in my homes.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't see any fish in all of the fish tanks I have looked at on multiple lots. I have tried viewing fish and resetting objects and nothing changes. I even purchased a new tank and fully restocked it and still no fish. Definitely a bug,
What do you expect to see? Fish in the tank.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

You can't see any fish in the fish tanks I have looked at multiple lots and have the same problem. I have tried viewing fish and resetting objects and nothing changes. I even purchased a new tank and fully restocked it and still no fish. Definitely a bug,

Message 10 of 157 (24,221 Views)