by IngeJones

Original Post

[OPEN] Invisible foundation with enclosed fence around

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Seasons, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house and add a fence around it. If the fence is completely closed, the foundation of the house inside the fence disappears. If you delete a tile of the fence, the foundation is back to normal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Fundation of the house inside the fence disappears.
What do you expect to see? Foundation should be normal even if there is a fence around the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Problem appeared after the new patch in november 2020.

You can see in one of the pictures attatched, the house appears to be floating, since the foundation is not visible. In the other picture, the foundation looks alright, because one tile of the fence was deleted.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 16 (4,559 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Invisible foundation with enclosed fence around

★ Guide
@nyxtina I couldn't reproduce using these steps
Message 2 of 16 (4,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I noticed that the problem happens when the fence is placed before the house is raised. Can you please also try the following steps?

- build a square (and leave it to the ground level)

- add a fence around it (like in the pictures attatched to the post)

- raise the house foundation

- delete the floor inside the fence area

Message 3 of 16 (4,389 Views)

★ Guide

Oh I see you made the entire house and yard have a foundation then created the yard by deleting the floor on the foundation?  In that case I would pretty much expect the behaviour in your screenshot!   Interesting effect but maybe you could see if you can use it for something?

Message 4 of 16 (4,374 Views)

@nyxtina 

I can repro this if the fence is touching the wall and is also on a foundation. The foundation disappears inside the enclosed area:

11-13-20_8_04_16 PM.png

You need to build the fence first then the house. Doing it this way doesn't enclose the fence in a 'room' so a floor doesn't appear. You can then raise the house and the fence stays put so the foundation looks normal:

11-13-20_8_17_45 PM.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 16 (4,310 Views)

★★ Novice

I've made a much more elaborate design for a Cathedral Basilica that has this same problem that occurred right after the Nov 2020 update (Well shortly after but no other changes until I noticed it). I'm guessing the platforms are what caused this since that deals with foundations and levels. I'm considering ways to fix this without having to completely redo the whole cathedral so if it could be fixed that'd be great.

Message 6 of 16 (4,284 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 16 (4,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same problem !! and other
A-The foundations have disappeared if an empty room is inside other rooms and at ground level.
was not before the arrival of the platforms!

B-Stairs no longer cross foundations , foundations is invisible inside (outside is visible)
was not before the arrival of the platforms!

C-it is no longer possible to lay the stairs

Message 8 of 16 (3,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

D comparison

E -With a basement and a transparent roof, some original wall textures are invisible (no cc)

The white color is visible "parement simple" in french is not a Sims 4 dlc (original sims 4)
Brown color is invisible ??

Message 9 of 16 (3,314 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Invisible foundation with enclosed fence around

★★ Novice

Also having this issue.

• I created a house on a raised foundation.
  • Selected a room in the house.
  • Deleted the floor of that room (so I could have a split level detail in that room).
  • It is at this point the foundations of all walls attached to other rooms disappear (screenshot A).
  • If I replace any fences with walls, making sure the whole room is enclosed with walls, the issue persists (screenshot B).
    • It also persisted if I made sure the whole room was enclosed with walls before deleting the floor.
  • If I delete a wall/fence shared between the rooms, the foundation reappears, but the colour/lighting of the ground floor tiles in the offending room is wrong, there's a blueish hue on the floor (screenshot C). Adding or removing any lighting in the room doesn't affect that in any way.  
  • If I instead delete a wall that does not adjoin another room (i.e. an external wall), the foundations reappear, but the whole room is lit like its outdoors.

Message 10 of 16 (3,171 Views)