Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Invisible Plants

by Antta

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Unfortunately that’s not what’s happening in my game, I think most people here have the same problem as me - the mound disappears completely. The mounds/plants don’t disappear all at once, but gradually throughout the day/night. So I have found (by pressing “y” in build mode that the game recognises that the space in the planter has an object placed in it, and if you move the planter to your inventory it boots the plants out of the spaces. But if you try to put the plants back, a red x appears with the mouse when you click on the plant (this is within the household inventory) and you can’t put the plant down on the lot again. This is a big bug for gardeners like me so I hope the developers fix it real soon. I even restarted my garden from seed again (much to my annoyance) and overnight half of the plants disappeared again.

PS, have tried repairing the game and removing my mods (which is just furniture)

Replying to myself because ... my bad, I had harvestable mods, thought I’d deleted everything but I think my computer synced to the cloud. So I removed the mods (won’t mention the creator for obvious reasons) and my planters were full of plants again! Hooray!

Message 11 of 19 (1,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having similar weird things happen to my plants, but it's not all the same. I've never had any mods or cc. 

1. Lemon Trees disappeared leaving lemons suspended in midair that could only be eaten.
  2. Cherry trees and Birds of Paradise went dormant in the middle of Summer; the cherry trees went back to being a mound which is strange.
  3. Sage bushes disappeared leaving a bunch of sage on the ground where they were. The bunches of sage offered interactions like regular plants, not produce. When put in build mode storage, they showed up as bushes. Put back out on the lot, and they turned into bunch of sage again. Bees are flying around bushes like they are still there. 

I'm playing the 100 baby challenge and I'm at the end of my second generation. The lemon tree problem showed up a while ago, but the other two showed up on the same day. 

Message 12 of 19 (1,557 Views)

Hero
@nikkimsoco

First one sounds like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Garden-Produce-Stuck-Mid-Air/m-p/9136578#
Second I'm usure, could be same as third.

Third sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Bushes-shrink-after-harvesting/td-p/9168505

as this thread is older it's probably more the new issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (1,535 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't want to raise a new issue because mine is very similar, but for me, what is happening is that mature plants are resetting to newly planted plants. 

It's winter with the family I'm playing but I have out-of-season plants in an indoor 'greenhouse'.  It was 6am in the household when I went in the first time after installing the patch and for about 1 sim hour the plants appeared fine (not yet harvested for the day). Then at roughly 7am sim time, all the plants (bar one immature one) reset to the appearance of newly planted plants with all harvestables disappearing (including 5 money trees and a Sixam Mosquito Trap grrr!).

The seedlings then started growing again.  Because of the plant types and because most of them were indoors, it took two sim days for any of the plants to mature. Then, just when they were mature and had harvestables, at 7am again, all the mature plants reset to newly planted ones (and I lost the harvestables again).  However, the money trees (which have yet to reach maturity) are still in their half grown state.

At that point, I closed the game.  As with the University patch and the effect that had on harvestables, I now find the game unplayable until EA fix this issue.

Message 14 of 19 (1,506 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, those problems sound identical. Unfortunately, this bug has wreaked havoc on my entire garden now. Almost all plants reverted to their dormant state in the middle of Summer: Sage, money trees, plantains, green beans, etc. Some of my out-of-season trees also reverted to just being a mound of dirt. Some plants have now started growing again, but are still seedlings w/o harvestables. 

A dead cowplant also started to regrow. Even though it shows up like a seedling, sims can interact with it like it's mature. Green drool hangs in midair when sims feed it, as if the mature plant was there.

Message 15 of 19 (1,479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've actually had this happen to me but the only plant that was invisible was my cowplant. I went into build more and built some stuff and now it's gone gone like it never existed. 

I wasn't even building in that area but it somehow wound up in the household inventory. It's still invisible though. 

Message 16 of 19 (1,300 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not sure is this is the same issue. Last night this happened where some apple trees on the edge of the lot disappeared after loading the game except for two apples on each tree. Nothing happened when moving the pointer over the tree (as if nothing was there). On the apples, the only interaction was to eat them.

In the linked save the apples had been eaten but the trees are still 'there'.

Message 17 of 19 (1,166 Views)

Hero
@sconic80 Could you add a picture ? That does sound like another, very old issue but I don't have time to search for the thread right now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 19 (1,152 Views)

Champion

On Xbox series S. I've got invisible plants at the Romance Festival. Just dragon fruit hanging in the air with the option to eat them or flowers in mid air with the option to view them.

Really frustrating as I specifically went there to collect dragon fruit as I'm doing the Scenario for making a million and I've set myself the added challenge of using only found or foraged things to sell or plant.

Some plants are fine but some (possibly out of season) plants are just showing up as invisible with the flower or fruit there but not possible to harvest them.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 19 of 19 (1,020 Views)