by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Interior Lighting incorrect in Open Story with Roof above it

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The following steps will create the setup pictured in the attached images: 1) Using the room tool, draw a room at ground level, 2) Go up a level, and draw a room on top of that room, 3) Use the sledgehammer tool to destroy the flooring on the second level, 4) Place a wall style on both levels (use the same wall style), 5) Add ceiling lights to the second floor. Compare your results to the first attached image. Note that the lighting from the second floor flows down seamlessly to the first floor. 6) Add a roof partially across the structure (I used a gabled roof). Check the interior lighting again; it should not have changed. 7) Extend the roof to cover the entire structure. Compare your results to the second attached image. Note that the lighting no longer extends from the second floor down to the first floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lighting no longer flows from the second to the first floor of an open story structure once a roof fully covers the structure.
What do you expect to see? I expect the lighting to remain consistent regardless of whether a roof fully or partially covers the structure. Furthermore, the lighting should behave as it does when there is no or a partial roof and *not* as it does when there is a full roof.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here is a shot of the lighting in an open story structure with no roof or a partial roof:

12-14-17_2-04-08 PM.png

Here is a shot of the lighting in an open story structure entirely covered by a roof:

12-14-17_2-07-35 PM.png

Message 1 of 4 (1,489 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Interior Lighting incorrect in Open Story with Roof above it

★★★★ Novice

It’s the same on Console too, plus it’s not just limited to fully open rooms. Lighting doesn’t seem to pass through to the first floor at all if you have a roof that fully covers the room, no matter how the second story floor seems to be arranged. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Message 2 of 4 (1,329 Views)

Hero
Hi @iStar0619
could you please create a separate thread for console

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (1,312 Views)

★ Novice

I have an issue when opening a second floor landing to the first floor the light acts as though there's no roof on the structure and when I place a fixture it does not light up the room. It acts as if it were off.

Message 4 of 4 (1,194 Views)