by Lulzes

Original Post

[OPEN] Instant-upgrade still an option when all upgrades complete

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim who have Lv10 handy skill and have InstandUpgrade(forgot name) trait. Upgrade all options one by one. Leave and enter the current lot. Click the upgrade-able object.
What happens when the bug occurs? You'll see "Instant Upgrade" in some objects. ( Instant upgrade [clickable]) ( Upgrade_Option_A [unclickable] ) ( Upgrade_Option_B [unclickable] ) ( Upgrade_Option_C [unclickable] )
What do you expect to see? Shouldn't show InstantUpgrade option when all options are consumed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

A very old bug, easy to notice when you actually play this game. QA...

Message 4 of 8 (3,052 Views)
Highlighted

Auto-upgrade still an option when all upgrades complete

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The option to auto-upgrade an item is still visible even after the item has been fully upgraded. If you choose this option, the sim will go through the animation to upgrade but the circle icon (bottom left) will progress reeeeally slowly.

--

No mods
No custom content
Win 7
Download version of game

Message 1 of 8 (3,319 Views)

Re: Auto-upgrade still an option when all upgrades complete

★ Guide

Yaaa I've noticed that too! 

Message 2 of 8 (3,310 Views)

Hero

Hi @mrstragicclown@Lulzes

is this still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (3,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Merged old bug report into new one.

Was never a very popular bug

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (3,008 Views)

Hero
Added this back to the list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,967 Views)

Handy sims can instant upgrade objects which are already fully upgraded

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Famous, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires and Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with the "Nerd Brain" aspiration.
What happens when the bug occurs? If a sim with the "Handy" trait from the Nerd Brain aspiration tries to do an "Instant Upgrade", he / she can also do this on objects which are already upgraded.
What do you expect to see? If an object is already fully upgraded, the "Instant Upgrade" interaction should not appear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims with the "Handy" trait can Instant Upgrade objects which are already fully upgraded.

Message 7 of 8 (2,719 Views)

Re: Handy sims can instant upgrade objects which are already fully upgraded

Hero
@Zack4358 Merged this with an older already existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,671 Views)