by zirize

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Instant Upgrade Does Nothing For Talking John/Potty Mouth 2.0

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, All GP, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim with the Handy trait use the Instant Upgrade option to upgrade a Talking John or Potty Mouth 2.0 toilet from City Living.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Instant Upgrade doesn't apply any upgrades at all to either of the talking toilets.
What do you expect to see? To have all the upgrades applied instantly, like Instant Upgrade is supposed to do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Instant Upgrade doesn't do anything when using it to upgrade the talking toilets from City Living.

The action completes, and disappears from the upgrade menu, but doesn't actually apply any upgrades to the toilets.

The Instant Upgrade option in the interaction menu:

01-03-19_3-23-12 AM.png

Performing the Instant Upgrade:

01-03-19_3-23-21 AM.png

Instant Upgrade complete without any of the upgrades actually being applied:

01-03-19_3-23-35 AM.png

This happens with both the Talking John and the Potty Mouth 2.0 talking toilets.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 10 (2,651 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Instant Upgrade Does Nothing For Talking John/Potty Mouth 2.

★★★ Apprentice

Same here. I've been having this issue ever since I got City Living expansion and it seems to be occurring still in the latest patch. However having sims manually applying the upgrades works as normal, with or without instant upgrades prior to manual upgrades.

Message 2 of 10 (2,567 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Instant Upgrade Does Nothing For Talking John/Potty Mouth 2.

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (2,519 Views)

[CL] can't instant upgrade Talking John & Potty Mouth 2.0

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (including StrangerVille)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? instant upgrade Talking John or Potty Mouth 2.0 with sims who have Handy reward trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? Talking John and Potty Mouth 2.0 not upgraded at all.
What do you expect to see? Talking John and Potty Mouth 2.0 should be upgraded fully like other objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 4 of 10 (2,479 Views)

Re: [CL] can't instant upgrade Talking John & Potty Mouth 2.0

Hero
Hi @zirize

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,473 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
sorry. I coundn't find. I tried to find hard, though....

bug list is overwhelming......it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Message 6 of 10 (2,470 Views)

Hero
No worries.

The list is sorted by packs so it's often easier to just check the pack lists if it's about a pack

I mostly use CTL-F to search on the page. Found this one by searching for instant on the page (but I knew that it had been reported before so it was a bit easier for me to find :D)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,466 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Instant Upgrade Does Nothing For Talking John/Potty Mouth 2.0

★ Pro

That upgrade has not worked since City Living, was released. It used to remove any manual upgrades as well. I have been upgrading one with the instant upgrade every time a new pack is released but have yet to see the upgrade work.

Message 8 of 10 (2,442 Views)

★ Guide
@loyabe The instant upgrade still doesn't work one year since your comment, even if the sim has maxed out programming (+ handiness, logic, rocket) and has all the parts. And now (for about a year) the talking toilet interferes with emotional baths & showers (one can't queue because the sim interrupts the action to 'wow' the toilet (& it makes him late for work, etc.). I've replaced most of talking toilets with regular toilets, but that shouldn't be after the sim spent so many simoleans and time upgrading his entire household's talking toilets manually.
Message 9 of 10 (1,704 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing this issue (without mods) and would be willing to share affected save files, instructions are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (1,581 Views)