Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Ingame time shifted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discovery University, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Parenthood, Seasons, Strangerville, Dine Out, Moschino, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Vintage Glamour, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen, Backyard, My First Pet, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Perfect Patio, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can play a new sim or one of the pre-made Sims and when it's time for class you won't get a notification until after the class has ended.
What happens when the bug occurs? my sims never go to class on time. For example, class starts at 8 am, time will count down and it will say "happening now". The "go to class" button never appears. However, 2 sim hours later I will get a notification saying my class starts in a hour! At this point its 12 noon and my sims don't finish with classes until 6 pm. Does this happen to anyone!?!? I have tried 3 different sims in 3 different dorms. I went so far as to uninstall and reinstall my entire game and still no luck. Please Help Frown
What do you expect to see? I should get a notification and sims should go to class on time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed DU and the latest updated as of 11/12

I am having a problem where my sims never go to class on time. For example, class starts at 8 am, time will count down and it will say "happening now". The "go to class" button never appears. However, 2 sim hours later I will get a notification saying my class starts in a hour! At this point its 12 noon and my sims don't finish with classes until 6 pm. Does this happen to anyone!?!? I have tried 3 different sims in 3 different dorms. I played a sim in a different world and they went to class fine. I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall my entire game and still no luck. Please Help Frown

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 93 (18,065 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: In-game time not matching the gameplay

Hero

We chatted with the registrar at Britechester University and got them to agree that students should receive class time reminders before class instead of after. You’re welcome. Now, make sure you go on time, alright?

I don't know how much this fix reverts already affected saves. Those might be affected for good.

Also: If you used any kind of mods to mess around with time, that can also break your saves. Those are mod issues. Revert to an earlier save in that case.

If you still get this issue on a brand new save or newly get it on a save that prior to this patch didn't have this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 93 of 93 (12,603 Views)

All Replies

Re: Discover University- Very late notification, sims go to class 2 hr late

Hero

There is a similar thread on this somewhere .. need to find it later

Meanwhile, could you try this: 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 93 (17,964 Views)

9 AM Class starts at 1 PM

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll a sim on a Uni, place them in dorms, go to class
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim goes to class hours after the class' supposed schedule. For example, the class starts at 8:30. My sims gets a notification for "Class starts in hour" at 10. The class starts at 11 am. Sometimes it takes more than 5 hours from the actual schedule. Then the whole day is thrown off. Soccer practice starts at 3 am when it's supposed to be at 6 pm.
What do you expect to see? Classes start on time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I hate how this messes up the whole scheduled time. My sim sleeps at day and goes to class at night. 

Message 3 of 93 (17,984 Views)

Re: 9 AM Class starts at 1 PM

Hero
@keideej Could you try repairing the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 93 (17,961 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict done what you said, and I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game again, but it’s still happening Frown((
Message 5 of 93 (17,939 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@keideej Do you by chance speed through the night or at any time during the game?

I also had this happen to me, but I noticed it was because I was using the 3x speed during the night. It ended up messing up all my timings. It somewhat repaired itself when I repaired my game and went back to using one and two-time speeds only.

Message 6 of 93 (17,934 Views)

Hero
@keideej At what point did you remove your mods ?

Unfortunately, there's always been issues like this, usually due to simulation lags. Bit unsure if you could fix it but if you want I can take a look at your save.

It may be a while though as it's busy.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 93 (17,907 Views)

Re: Discover University- Very late notification, sims go to class 2 hr late

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DioneJ03 @keideej

Are you still having issues with this ? Did you ever change the time speed with MCCC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 93 (17,880 Views)

Sims 4 Discovery university, my sim wont attend classes on time

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
What is your current game version number? 64
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, get to work, get together, city living, Island living, jungle adventure, laundry stuff, parenthood and Discovery university. I think thats all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dont know, but please help.
What happens when the bug occurs? It happens every time she has to go to class.
What do you expect to see? She should go to class on time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happend after my game got updated friday 22. November, and i simultaniously downloaded Discovery university.

Please help. I havent been able to play ever since i got it. I had birthday on november the 13. And i literally saved up and bought it for myself as a birthday present. I am so dissapointed and really lost. I have a daughter so i cant play that often, and i sat through the entire weekend trying to fix this without luck.

I cant get to class on time. My sim will have the countdown to when she needs to get to class, and the hours until class seems to be correct, but when the clock actually turns 08 (or the time the class starts), she wont go. She wont have gotten any notification saying «class starts in one hour» or anything. It just says (in the panel) that its ongoing. But when a couple of hours goes by, it just says it starts in 24 hours (or when the next class will be) even though she didnt attent the first one at all. But then a couple of more hours goes by and she suddenly get a not saying «class starts in one hour», and then she eventuelt goes and «get to class early», hangs outside there for about 2 hours, and then goes to class. So this can take up to 24 hours to complete one class basically.

I have tried with different saves and different families. Even with different classes and just one class at the time (for one semester). Nothing seems to work.

I have also tried repairing the game, reinstalling it, rebooting it (i think its called), i have switched out my game map and replaced it with a new one.

I have also payed a contentcreator for a new, updated mod that would help the game run smoother, (through patron) but that did Nothing. Not that he isnt good, but this is probably another issue.

Thanks for your time!

Message 9 of 93 (17,863 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discovery university, my sim wont attend classes on time

Hero
@SirenRenathe Have you also tested if it happens with no mods/cc added at all ?

Save your game under a new name, then remove all cc/mods and load the copy to see if they go to class that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 93 (17,847 Views)