[OPEN] Inadequate pool/water reflections at High setting

by lolatort

Original Post

Re: No lot reflection in the water, except their roof

Hero
@legasimmer I merged your post with a similar older thread. Not sure if it's exactly the same but can you see what the OP reported as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 31 (1,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict there's similarities, but it's not the same thing :/ Nothing under the roof shows up in the reflection for me, not just the windows but not even the walls. I'm launching the game now to check if it happens outside of Sulani, because I don't think I've seen anything like that before.

Message 22 of 31 (1,391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I am back with TESTS! I couldn't try to get a reflection in another world's "natural" water, but I was able to confirm that the walls do reflect in swimming pools, even in Sulani, so the reflection in ocean water is the only problem. However, while testing I realized I do also have the bug that started this thread, as no window or door will appear right in the pool.

I'm linking two photos in Sulani. In the first, there's a swimming pool and the reflection of both walls and roof (but not the windows). In the second, you can clearly see the two roof pieces, but no walls. I also checked my settings, and my reflections are on "Medium," not on High.

Message 23 of 31 (1,383 Views)

Hero
@legasimmer I'm leaving it here for now as an extension for the original thing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 31 (1,378 Views)

★ Guide

Is there any expectation of correction for this bug? It will soon be two years old. :S

Message 25 of 31 (1,300 Views)

DECEPTION: Bug That Exists for 2 Years Not Fixed = Water Reflection.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at pool water with nearby objects, or walls with windows or doors.
What happens when the bug occurs? Objects, doors and windows are not reflected in the pool water.
What do you expect to see? I hope this bug is fixed because it has been around for a long time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I don't remember what update you made with. for that to happen but it was early 201

It has been 2 years since not only me and other users have been reporting in this forum that the existence of a bug that is directly affecting the way the reflections of pool water, lakes and river interact with objects, doors and windows that are inside a lot.

It's been 2 years that I've not only been saying, but trying in every possible way to get the bug-fix team's attention to look closely at pool water and elsewhere, and then make objects, doors and windows are reflected back in the water, which is not happening.

Every month, the game gets a new game update. Some of these updates bring THOUSANDS of new fixes, and the latest release today fixed over 300 BUGS.

But the water reflection bug so far has not been fixed.

Sorry, but this is a TOTAL disregard. And there's no way I'm not going to be at all angry and dissatisfied with this situation because I can't and won't accept the fact that in 2 years, there were other major bugs to fix rather than what I'm quoting in this post.

If you are not interested in fixing this bug, at least give an answer about what is happening. Explain why this has not been resolved in two years.

I am feeling so disappointed with this situation that I was forced to create a new publication because it seems that the previous one will continue to be ignored.

Message 26 of 31 (1,228 Views)

Re: DECEPTION: Bug That Exists for 2 Years Not Fixed = Water Reflection.

Community Manager (retired)

Fixing this bug would potentially cause significant performance issues. I have a ticket tracking this on my end, and it's something our QA team has seen, but yeah it's been getting de-prioritized due to technical concerns. I'm sure that's probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but thanks for the bug report, every bug report is important to us Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 27 of 31 (1,199 Views)

★ Guide

@SimGuruNick 

Could you not consider a new graphical level, such as "very high" for the reflection option? Currently, this graphic option only goes up to the "high" level, unlike some others that have the "very high" level.

It seems to me a fair solution for players who have machines good enough to run the game in the best visual quality, so that at the same time does not hurt those players who do not have such powerful computers.

Message 28 of 31 (1,175 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick Would it be possible to remove reflections for roofs and fences as well then? So it's not as jarring? Floating roof and lonely fences don't look great and can't be ignored. Thank you for updating us on this!
Message 29 of 31 (991 Views)

Pool Reflections Missing

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put down a tree / object next to a pool
What happens when the bug occurs? Things don't have reflections
What do you expect to see? Reflections
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had already written all this out when I found this thread and was hoping that it could be merged so that I don't have to re-upload the videos and images. Sorry about that!

As per the other thread: Everything is on highest graphic settings, etc. I recognise there may be performance hits from more reflections, but the option or some kind of middle-ground would be nice. Especially strange how the objects can have reflections if they're made bigger, but not at regular size.

Trees I know are definitely affected:

base game:
majestic palm
upright cypress tree
graveyard cypress tree
ornamental magnolia tree
southern magnolia tree
pre-strung tree of lights (technically holiday celebration free pack)

island living:
ti tree
ixora tree
tahitensis tree
hibiscus tree

get to work:
small dancing red maple tree
dancing red maple tree

everything under shrubs, flowers, and rocks

Video: A tree is shown to have a reflection, while a second tree is shown without one.

I thought I had found a workaround - if you size the affected items up using the [ and ] buttons, they get reflections. If you then size them down, they retain the reflection. However, I then found out then going into Live Mode takes away the reflection once more. If you keep them sized up, though, the reflection stays.

01-23-21_3-24-05 AM.png

Pictured: The same tree twice, but one is sized up and thus gets a reflection.

I also discovered that this bug is not unique to plants.

01-23-21_3-30-58 AM.png

Pictured: A lamp without a reflection, plus a sized up version of the lamp with reflection, and a previously sized up version of the lamp with reflection. As before, this workaround to get a reflection was erased once in Live Mode. 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 30 of 31 (959 Views)