[FIXED] [IL] Unwanted House Guests in Sulani & at Sulani Parties

by Nindigo79

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Unwanted House Guests in Sulani & at Sulani Parties

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I haven't tried locking my front door, so it could very well be a bug that the front door lock is ignored, but if you lock certain rooms and areas in your house it should just work fine. In my sims old house I had his bedroom door locked so they wouldn't start playing with his computer, and in his current house I have the door to the stairs to the top floor locked. So far non of the 'guests' have strayed anywhere I really don't want them. You could also lock all the doors inside the hallway as a workaround until everybody is bored and leaves.

Message 51 of 73 (1,989 Views)

Random Sims walking into or through lots uninvited/without knocking

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: all Game packs: all Stuff Packs: All, except Moschino Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff and Spooky Stuff Free: Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Lagoon Look, move a few sims in (I haven't tested other seaside lots), and hang out. I have had elderly/YA/adult/Children people walk in without being invited or even knocking to use objects.
What happens when the bug occurs? An Elderly woman my sims never met walked in to use an easel (did not knock), adults typically walk in an hang around (some I have met and befriended, others not). They eat food if it is out, dance to the radio music or watch TV, and I have had random children I have never spoken to walk straight through the front door without knocking only to jump off the pier and into the ocean. That was the extent of their interaction, although they did stick around on the lot for a bit before swimming away. I can tell them "goodbye" but it does not force them off the lot since they were never technically invited in and I cannot ask them to leave, nor can I tell them to "stop that" as there has never been an interaction to stop what could be deemed inappropriate behaviour - using computers, cooking food or using easels/objects for example.
What do you expect to see? My Sims go about their daily routine, whether they are on or off the lot at the time, some random sims walk through my front door either to use an object or to get to the pier. They do not use the backdoor to go through the front. These Sims often make no attempt to interact with my sims, only objects or the ocean. I have seen this from every age group with the exception of toddlers and babies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The new lots in Sulani are the most noticeable in regards to the bug in question, but I have experienced similar issues in the Lot next door to Baako Jang's place in San Myshuno. I have previously given Sims my residence keys (which I have not done in/with my Sulani homes) and then taken them away. After that sometimes sims who used to have residence keys would pop by now and again without knocking. This happens less frequently than it does with the Sulani lot issues.

Message 52 of 73 (1,976 Views)

★ Novice

When I set doors to lock it works fine, but the door set as the front door should automatically disallow anyone who wasn't invited in, which is doesn't. Sims do stay out of rooms when I lock doors to say, everyone but household members. But if I do that with the front door, I assume none of my actual invited guests would ever be able to use the front door. I do think it's a bug. I've not experienced any problems with locking specific rooms to keep Sims from certain objects. It's just that the front door is being ignored for some reason.

Lagoon Look is a very open plan build so there aren't really any doors available to lock and while it is simple enough to build walls, etc, I don't want to alter the building because doing so would make the lot feel smaller, pokey and awkward. I like having it so open-plan and as a player, I don't often like alter pre-existing lots anyway. I appreciate them for what they are for the most part unless I have a particular vision. 

Message 53 of 73 (1,959 Views)

★★★ Novice
I also have this issue but they just come and go and walk through and then disappear off the lot. It's like, "Hi Neighbor! Just passing through to get to the ocean". Maybe once I've had a random sim walk in, eat my food, use the toilet, and then hang out. That was more like okay cool cool moochers are okay.
Message 54 of 73 (1,910 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just moved a sim into Sulani's Tangled Flat today, and noticed uninvited sims just walked right into my house, looks like they usually come in during rainy weather. A couple of the sims are celebrities, it's so frustrating that I can't even ask them to leave! When I was playing the premade households in Sulani a month ago, I don't remember having this issue. Please help!

Message 55 of 73 (1,879 Views)

Sims not leaving my house and stopping my sims from interacting with objects

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a residential lot in Sulani (Haven't tried this in other worlds), wait until neighbors arrive for welcoming party, invite them in, wait till they announce they are leaving.
What happens when the bug occurs? Neighbors don't leave, doesn't give me an option to kick them out, and won't leave rooms (ex. Bathroom) when needed or my sims want them to leave.
What do you expect to see? If my sims need to interact with an object (refrigerator, toilet, shower (the ones I tested)), the sims that aren't in my family will stand there not moving.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Resetting or debugging the sims that are stuck does not fix anything, they just stand there.

Message 56 of 73 (1,836 Views)

Re: Sims not leaving my house and stopping my sims from interacting with objects

Hero
@Baammiiee Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 73 (1,816 Views)

Re: Sims not leaving my house and stopping my sims from interacting with objects

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So this problem is still an issue as I'm playing Realm of Magic and my sim and her two cats are taking a nap and a random sim, who she has never met or greeted walks through her doors, into her bathroom and talks to himself infront of the mirror and then yells at her cats. Very very very annoying!09-11-19_6-57-48 PM.png

Message 58 of 73 (1,775 Views)

★ Guide

This is getting ridiculous. I gave up playing in Sulani for a bit because of this problem. Thought I'd try it again and I think it's gotten worse. Locking doors is pointless now. I've seen two sims teleport past my locked door.

Message 59 of 73 (1,717 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] : Unwanted House Guests

[ Edited ]
Hero

Uninvited Sims will no longer appear when attending Kava Parties on lots with the “Private Dwelling” Lot Trait.
○ It’s my party, and I don’t invite you if I want to.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Please use the following threads if you still have issues

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Unwanted-Visitors-in-Dorms-after-Party-Event/td...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Unwanted-guests-no-ask-to-leave-Other-worlds-than/...

ONLY post here if you still have it for Kava Parties.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 73 (11,391 Views)