Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Teen mermaid form not the same even when linked or copied

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [IL] [V] Occult form not the same even when linked or copied

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.52.100.1020 / Mac 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Outdoor, Island living, cats and dogs, seasons, laundry, toddler, kids, parenthood, get to work, get together, City living, dine out, jungle adventure, bowling, luxury party, vintage glamour, spa day, backyard, movie hangout, get famous, cool kitchen, patio stuff, romantic garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to create a sim 2. make a mermaid sim and turn them into a teenager. (make sure the two forms are linked.) 3. start messing around with their face and make sure to use advanced details (I think thats where the problem is?) 4. switch to mermaid form, their body shape and face structure will look similar, but not exactly the same even though the two forms are linked.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will have the same features, such as the same eyes, nose, hair colour, mouth but the facial structure and body are different. Usually the body is thinner and more stick like. The face looks almost similar but the eyes are smaller and the jaw is short and weak looking. I have even tried to unlink the two forms and copy sim to mermaid form but nothing changes. Apparently to the game they look the "same" but aren't at all.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see that when the two are linked, that they should look exactly the same, not a thinner body or smaller eyes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tV7udH2zdB3AwVFlTOoUJZ7lRAlp11kx/view?usp=sharing

A short video displaying the problem. (I forgot to put in the copying problem, but as you can see the two forms are linked.)

I will also add that I use PC and Mac The problem still occurred on both platforms. 

Message 1 of 43 (4,937 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When the offspring of mermaids grow up, the human appearance and the Merman

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Can anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file or video? You can DM me the link. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 24 of 43 (4,944 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Teen mermaid form not the same even when linked or copi

★★★ Guide

Same issue. I see the mentioned face and body deviations switching to the mermaid form and back. I'm putting a lot of work into the design of my sims, so this is quite annoying for me, too.

Message 2 of 43 (4,820 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Teen mermaid form not the same even when linked or copi

Hero
@SimplyAnjuta Just for the record and as I don't remember from your other reports: Are you on Mac or PC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 43 (4,801 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict I'm on PC
Message 4 of 43 (4,791 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Teen mermaid form not the same even when linked or copied

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 43 (4,778 Views)

★★ Apprentice

From what i can tell, the teen sims basically have a modifier applied to them to differentiate them from the young adults and up (you can see this by aging down an adult to teen in CAS), and this modifier seems to also be applied when their appearance is copied to the mermaid form or back. That's why only teens are affected.

Message 6 of 43 (4,657 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This also affects vampire teens' dark forms when copying their appearance over. Only alien disguises are free from this curse, since they can't be copied over.

Message 7 of 43 (4,650 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still not fixed in the new patch. Disappointing, but not really a surprise...

Message 8 of 43 (4,553 Views)

★ Apprentice

Happens with teen vampires as well!

Message 9 of 43 (4,520 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@delelise Could you create a separate thread for Vamps ? It's best if each occult has it's own thread.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 43 (4,479 Views)