Re: Sims Changing Outfits on Home Lot (Island Living)

by StarryMight

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

OMG not sure how long ago you posted this info but you saved my toddlers life as i could not travel anywhere with my toddlers and experiencing weird outfit glitches-)

Message 21 of 33 (1,634 Views)

★ Guide

My sim keep changing into swimwear and goes to swim, just to seconds later get back and starts freezing. I make them change to cold weather outfit, seconds later the whole thing repeats. My sim is an alien and live in sulani. They can also do this when out on home lot, and run down to the water to swim for a few seconds (sim minutes). I recently got IL (on latest sale) and started a new save to try it out. I do use mods (or else my toddlers would be dead/taken as my sims seems to fail parenting (i dont have parenthood so dont know if that would fix the lack of parenting). But this problem makes me have to keep an eye on my sims moodlets as soon as the temprature goes to blue.

Message 22 of 33 (1,575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I got Island Living yesterday, and I'm definitely seeing this with the Kealoha household that I'm currently playing. (*POINTS TO SCREENSHOT*)

I think those really dark spots are puddles of shallow water from the tide? (As I was typing this, though, I wonder if they're actually shadows, though...)

(I haven't played any other pre-made households, I just went into them long enough for the game to tag them as "Played.")

UPDATE: @PoptartJuniper pointed out on Discord that there's a sliver of the deck on that house that touches the water, and that triggers the swimwear change. I discovered that it's actually the stairs leading up to the house deck? I decided to try building a different set of stairs on the opposite side, and had the family manually go up them. No swimwear! (I attached a pic; the offending stairs that come with the house are on the opposite side.) I'll have to experiment some more with that, but hopefully moving the stairs helps alleviate the issue in that lot, at least.

Message 23 of 33 (1,537 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's a shame this bug has never been fixed, it's pretty annoying.

From what I've seen it only happens on waterfront lots depending where the stairs are, if the stairs are placed too far back the game thinks your sim is going into the sea when they're actually going up the stairs.Only way round it is to edit the lot and bring the stairs further forward which is a pain to do and often ruins the look of the lots

Message 24 of 33 (1,387 Views)

★ Pro

Just as @StarryMight posted, the problem with the Kealoha family is the stairs leading to the house.  The sims always changed into swimwear when arriving or leaving the lot before I deleted those stairs and put new ones on the other side of the house.

I'm grateful for finding this post so I could fix the issue because it prevented the conservationist from changing into conservationist clothing.  Thanks for posting!

Message 25 of 33 (1,337 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@dolldrms1 : You're welcome! ^_^
Message 26 of 33 (1,329 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sims Changing into bathing suit all the time

★★★ Novice

I realize that this is an old topic, but I just ran into this problem after using a new lot that I found in the gallery.  I'm posting the fix that I found based off reading this thread along with trial and error.  My lot has 2 ponds.  I discovered that my sims were not only running through a pond every time they left the lot, they were also leaving from the back door, running behind the house, then running all the way around the lot to the front before leaving.  I set up a fence around the entire lot, which caused them to use the front door, as well as to stop running through the ponds.  Once they didn't have to run through the ponds, they stopped changing into a swimsuit.  Hope this helps anyone else having this type of issue!

Message 27 of 33 (1,152 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sims Changing into bathing suit all the time

★★ Pro
@ERM0621 Ok thanks, I have this issue on a _restaurant_ lot in Mt. Komorebi and everyone changes into swimwear when they go outside. There are decorational ponds on the lot.
I just don't understand why the sims ALWAYS change into swimwear even if their routing doesn't go near a pond.
Message 28 of 33 (994 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Sims Changing into bathing suit all the time

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue. Turns out the stairs to my lot was too far into the water that they needed to change their outfit to a swimsuit to get around. I moved the stairs on the sand and it was fixed. 

Hope this helps if it starts to happen to somebody else!

Message 29 of 33 (860 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Sims Changing into bathing suit all the time

Champion
@rentur3 If you build stairs at a certain point on a waterside residential, a sim will always change into swimwear. The KinShip Home the Keahlohas live in is built this way. The stairs are in the water, so the Keahlohas can’t go in and out of their house without changing into swimwear. Essentially, they have to walk into water to enter their house.
-------------------------------------------------------
I'm a Volunteer. I do not work for EA.
-------------------------------------------------------
Message 30 of 33 (738 Views)