Re: [OPEN] [IL] [SD] Mermaids Can't Use Bath with Soaks Option in Tub

by maedhroswhy

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

That fixed the issues I've been experiencing, thanks!

Before the update she would do the spin mermaids do to reveal their tail when swimming, but she's stopped doing that now too.

Message 21 of 41 (1,634 Views)

Hero
@PriestWiz Glad to hear. Maybe there was some issue with a trait still being there when it shouldn't

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 41 (1,623 Views)

★ Guide

Im having this problem too. I clicked on me too and so far it’s just my sim mermaid. The option for soaks was never there. Just mud bath and the bubble or normal bath. She wasn’t turned mermaid, I created her as mermaid. No cc or mods. 

Message 23 of 41 (1,556 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This is the same on PS4. My mermaid sim is unable to use spa day soaks, and using the mud bath option route fails.

The Sims™ 4_20200221163248.jpg

Message 24 of 41 (1,501 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here with the soaks not even being listed as an option for my mermaid sim, and the mud bath being listed as an option, but presenting a routing failure when selected.

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

Message 25 of 41 (1,473 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunaley this does not look like a Bug. They blacklists Mermaids for these Interactions. Deleting those Blacklists will cause the Routing Errors because they never edited the actual Animations for Mermaids like they did with the normal Take Baths. So for me it looks like Mermaids are not meant to be able to use them which is a shame. That the Mud Bath is visible is a Bug though since it is based an the same Animation Clip and should have blacklists too imo. I hope EA will edit the Animations too at some day or a Animation Modder can edit them.

Message 26 of 41 (1,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

LittleMsSam has an imperfect "fix" mod for this issue (it just temporarily removes the Mermaid traits while the Mermaid sim uses the bath soaks). (EDIT) Removed link, but it's easy enough to find via Google search for "sims 4 mermaid soaks". (/EDIT)

Message 27 of 41 (1,198 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I would like my mermaid who strained a muscle working out to be able to use a muscle-relaxing bath soak, just like any other Sim. 

Message 28 of 41 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue. I don't think it makes any sense that mermaids can't use the soaks option in the tub - I always try and get my sims to have soaks in the morning so that their mood is better for the day, so it's quite frustrating that this is not allowed for mermaids. Setting aside the fact that the mermaid life state is quite lacklustre, I think they should be able to do this too. If this could be updated it would be great.

Message 29 of 41 (977 Views)

Bath / mermaid bug??

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP11:1.assets.live-sp12.233
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except toddler stuff and kids room stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and tell your sim to have a bath
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim won’t have a bath with soaks at all- he’ll only have a normal bath or bubble bath then when he gets in the bath, his feet go all squiffy like he’s a mermaid. He isn’t- he’s a vampire. Also at Sulani he does that somersault in the water like he’s changing into a mermaid.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to keep his normal feet and not dangle them over the edge of the bath
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Since yesterday this has happened. My sim won’t even attempt a bath with soaks .  And having a normal bath causes his feet to ‘melt’!!!  This game is just bug after bug after bug 🤨🥱😐

edited to add my non occult sim bathes normally and can have all baths so  it seems my issue is with my vamp sim. Maybe vamps aren’t supposed to have baths or they melt!? 

Message 30 of 41 (960 Views)