by crinrict

Original Post

[LAUNDRY LIST] [IL] [SD] Mermaids Can't Use Bath with Soaks Option in Tub

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every single stuff, game, and expansion pack up to Island Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With a mermaid sim, select a tub and try to use "Bath with Soaks" ...."Milk Honey and Oatmeal Soak"
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to take a bath with Soaks isn't even an available option.
What do you expect to see? The option should be available.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Only happens with Island Living as mermaid occult did not exist prior.

Mermaids aren't able to use the "Bath with Soaks" option on tubs.  I don't know if that was intentional, but I'd like to have it back for the mood buffs.  

Message 2 of 41 (11,342 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SD] Sims can't take a mud bath or soaks in a shower/bath tub combo!

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too, with my mermaids, it shows up normally for other sims but my mermaids are unable to even see the soak option on the tubs

Message 1 of 41 (11,287 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] [SD] Mermaids Can't Use Bath with Soaks Option in Tub

★ Guide

Also bummed it stopped being an option. I wouldn't have turned one of my sims into a mermaid if I knew I couldn't use the expensive soaks tub I got them for the house.

Message 3 of 41 (11,169 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 41 (11,113 Views)

★★★ Novice

Apparently my mersim cannot use the mud bath either. just an "i cant do this" action and a wave to no one.

Message 5 of 41 (11,033 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this exact issue too, with any bath I try. I can do it with a normal sim, but not a mermaid sim.

Message 6 of 41 (11,019 Views)

Hero
@Tennear If you're not seeing the option with non-mermaid, it's likely a different issue.

Are you using mod/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 41 (11,008 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I said  ''I can do it with a normal sim, but not a mermaid sim.'' No issues, just expressing my disappointment in not being able to use bath, soak or mud options as a mermaid.

Message 8 of 41 (10,977 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Tennear Sorry. Misread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 41 (10,953 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] [SD] Mermaids Can't Use Bath with Soaks Option in Tub

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Same. The Spa Day soak options are not present. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 1.03.03 PM.jpg

I thought I should go back and check out mud baths. They're still in the available options the of tub menu, but can't be completed.

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 5.28.09 PM.jpg

Been pondering this. It may be intended. Perhaps the mud bath appearing to be available is the bug. 

Do mermaids use soaks? Don't know.

Message 10 of 41 (10,924 Views)