Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Research Conservation assignment won't complete

by ckolbeinsen

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Problem is also happening for me. Sim has work from home assignment "research conservation".  The option is available and she can work on it, but after everything is finished, the assignment still appears as incomplete. Very frustrating. Have tried reloading. Leaving the lot. Staying on the lot and reloading. To no avail. 

Message 21 of 25 (200 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm seeing the same thing. However I can't reach the top of the career as it happens right from the start. An interesting thing I did note however was that my sim is a mage.

So I made a random normal sim and brought him into the household. I set his career to Conservationist. Task showed right up so sat him at the very same computer she was sitting at. Worked fine for him. Sat her back down.. no go. I can go back and forth (when they pop up). Same result each time. Perhaps those who dabble in magic cannot be conservationists?

Edit: Also to note.. I tried again, but this time first confirmed she couldn't do it, then used the cheat to remove her witch status and tried it again. Now that she was a human, it worked. Also tried different lots and worlds. Still no response as a witch.

Message 22 of 25 (169 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@katrynsong wrote:

An interesting thing I did note however was that my sim is a mage.

Huh, interesting observation to which I must add that the one I was having issues with completing the "Research Conservation" task was also a witch (Ancient Bloodline, Virtuoso Rank).

Message 23 of 25 (146 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

My sim is also a mage and is experiencing the same issue. They're in the Environmental Manager career. 

Message 24 of 25 (93 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me. The task won’t complete even though I have tried it many times. My sim is a mage, but her fiancee who is human can do it with no issues. 

Message 25 of 25 (36 Views)