Re: [OPEN] [IL] Research Conservation assignment won't complete

by katrynsong

Original Post

★★ Novice

Problem is also happening for me. Sim has work from home assignment "research conservation".  The option is available and she can work on it, but after everything is finished, the assignment still appears as incomplete. Very frustrating. Have tried reloading. Leaving the lot. Staying on the lot and reloading. To no avail. 

Message 21 of 33 (1,436 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm seeing the same thing. However I can't reach the top of the career as it happens right from the start. An interesting thing I did note however was that my sim is a mage.

So I made a random normal sim and brought him into the household. I set his career to Conservationist. Task showed right up so sat him at the very same computer she was sitting at. Worked fine for him. Sat her back down.. no go. I can go back and forth (when they pop up). Same result each time. Perhaps those who dabble in magic cannot be conservationists?

Edit: Also to note.. I tried again, but this time first confirmed she couldn't do it, then used the cheat to remove her witch status and tried it again. Now that she was a human, it worked. Also tried different lots and worlds. Still no response as a witch.

Message 22 of 33 (1,405 Views)

★ Guide

@katrynsong wrote:

An interesting thing I did note however was that my sim is a mage.

Huh, interesting observation to which I must add that the one I was having issues with completing the "Research Conservation" task was also a witch (Ancient Bloodline, Virtuoso Rank).

Message 23 of 33 (1,382 Views)

★★★ Novice

My sim is also a mage and is experiencing the same issue. They're in the Environmental Manager career. 

Message 24 of 33 (1,329 Views)

★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me. The task won’t complete even though I have tried it many times. My sim is a mage, but her fiancee who is human can do it with no issues. 

Message 25 of 33 (1,272 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue with a mage sim, and only the mage sim, that cannot perform the research conservation task.

Message 26 of 33 (1,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem too, but I don't use any mods and I don't want to have to get them, I found if I used the logic skill cheat to set my logic back to 9, I can complete the task, but I really don't like having to lower the skill level everytime that task pops up. I hope they find a way to fix it in an update, like prestiging the skill levels similar to COD, or just no cap on skill level in the background. So that it shows max skill but the sim is still earning skill points like with vampire but without the added animations or rewards, just so the task can be completed. Otherwise put a damn cheat that lets us complete the task like completing milestones in aspirations.

Message 27 of 33 (1,168 Views)

★★ Novice

My Sim is also a mage and I am having her do the Marine Biologist career but she also can't seem to fulfill the Research Conservation assignment. Also, since I'm working for home and the assignment is not done, it's not resetting it the next day my Sim is supposed to work. 

Has there been any updates on this bug?

Message 28 of 33 (1,095 Views)

★ Guide

My sim is also a mage (Virtuoso, no bloodline) and is having the same problem. She is at level 5 of the career. She is able to complete other work from home tasks, but not research conservation.

Message 29 of 33 (1,041 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've got a mage, Virtuoso, no bloodline. Just started the career after graduating from uni. Tried researching conservation on several computers, various lots... nada. Unable to complete the task. Lvl 7 of the career, Marine Biologist track.

Message 30 of 33 (942 Views)