Re: Research Conservation Work from Home assignment won't complete

★ Guide

@crinrict,

I don't, unfortunately.

Message 11 of 33 (2,226 Views)

Hero
@ChuChuExpress OK. Thanks.

There's 4 people that clicked me too so far so you're not the only one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 33 (2,220 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for your reports on this issue. This does really help our team a lot! We are continuing to investigate, however, we have not been able to reproduce the bug successfully yet.

If anybody sees this issue happening in their game and does not mind sharing a save file with us, that would indeed be super awesome as it would help our team a lot to gather further information about this issue!

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share save files with our team.

Thanks all and Happy Simming!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 33 (2,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SimGuruKuxiku

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qEOtuF1zvU4ak7wT3FpgFv9cMyaKMFhH/view?usp=sharing

here is a save file. BTW Korean Warning.

edit) I reuploaded. 

Message 14 of 33 (2,137 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm that I've noticed this in one of my saves once my conservationist reached the top of her career, though it seems inconsistent as another sim, also at the top of her career was able to complete the same task. I can also provide my save if you're still looking for saves.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 15 of 33 (2,081 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Research Conservation assignment won't complete

★ Guide

Just want to add my experience.

I started the career on a Saturday, so the first work day is Monday; starting at level 4 due to various benefits (aging to YA with an "A" in high school, Connections, the fame perk that starts you out at a higher level).  The first work from home assignment was "Research Conservation", which completed.  Then I did some other tasks to see what they were about, namely the conservationist's "Study" interaction on a few of my garden plants, which I sent the first one off for a work progression bonus, the others I decided to save for a boost if I need it.  I also wrote a conservation article because, why not.  It was after the article that I noticed that the daily assignment, that HAD been completed, had been cleared.

So I redid it, and redid it, and redid it and redid it.  Nothing.  Only then did I leave the lot.

I'm not sure exactly WHEN the assignment cleared itself out, but I think it was because of sending the researched plant data for a work progression bonus.  My guess is that since the progression bar had filled with the completion of the daily task, it didn't know what to do with the extra progression bumps from sending in the aforementioned data and the article, that it just wiped it out.  Kind of like how the spellcaster's would have their rank reset after virtuoso when they overmaxed.  Since this is the first time I've played with this career, I'm not sure which skills it looks for; though I do have a lot of them maxed out since I run long lifespans and spent a lot of time on skills before reaching YA with this one.

It is now a few hours before the first day on the job, but I'm done playing for the night.  Going to clean the caches before I start my next session and see if that helps whatever hiccup I encountered.

Message 16 of 33 (2,017 Views)

Message 17 of 33 (1,940 Views)

EA Sims Team

Thanks so much @burin077!!! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 33 (1,910 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Research Conservation assignment won't complete

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm having an issue where my sim has the "Enthuse about conservation" work from home task, but the interaction isn't showing up anywhere in the social menus.
Message 19 of 33 (1,843 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Research Conservation assignment won't complete

Hero
@filipomel Could you please make a separate thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 33 (1,829 Views)