by alanmichael1

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Mermaids use human swimming animation after reload

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except a few stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a mermaid go into water, then reload the game (saveandexit, launch game) or go to edit world then return to sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The mermaid will use standard human swimming animation.
What do you expect to see? Mermaid swimming animation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The bug goes away when i make the mermaid leave the water and return into it, but i wanted to know if this can be fixed so it doesnt happen at all.

I've troubleshooted the game, reset it to factory without reinstalling (though i didnt come as far as to replace the folders because the error appeared right away) and repaired the game.

No CC, no mods.

I tried it with mermaids which have been created in CAS, and with mermaids which turned into mermaids through eating the scalp.

I tried looking for this error online but the other thread with this issue has been resolved by resetting the game, which unfortunately didnt work for me. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,017 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Mermaids use human swimming animation after reload

Hero
@LugiaDrache I moved this to the Sims 4 bug forum as you posted in Sims 3

I can duplicate this if I reload the game while they are swimming.

Guess the only workaround atm is to make sure you're not swimming when turning off the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (993 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Mermaids use human swimming animation after reload

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (961 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mermaids use human swimming animation after reload

★★★★ Novice

have you tried starting origin AND the game as admin?

Message 4 of 5 (944 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mermaids use human swimming animation after reload

★★★★ Pro

This glitch also occurs after a mermaid has changed the weather.

Message 5 of 5 (838 Views)