Re: Mermaid Sim does not transform in water, and bathes sideways

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: NPC Mermaids Have No Tails in Water

Hero
@kreatora The missing trait is also still a bug. I tested this and it's def. missing.

You get a discovered trait but the ya one is still missing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 66 (2,662 Views)

★ Guide

This worked! Thank you so much, I do not know how I did not try this. 

Message 22 of 66 (2,645 Views)

★★★ Guide

I haven't had much dealings with randomly generated mermaids until now. I had one move into my sims house last night, and she still had the hygiene need and she wouldn't transform in the water. Everything else was as far as I could see, normal for mermaids.

Cheating the Traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE did the trick. She at least have the hydration need now. Haven't checked to see if she transforms yet (busy Winterfest with a toddler!)

Message 23 of 66 (2,642 Views)

Mermaid Sim does not transform in water, and bathes sideways

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a merchild between a human and mermaid. Age up the mermaid through CAS from toddler to young adult.
What happens when the bug occurs? Her tail/mermaid form is visible in CAS, but never comes out when swimming. She has a hygiene meter instead of a hydration, but she can do all the mermaid songs, sleep in water etc. Also no matter what the bathtub, the animation is always at a perpendicular angle.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a hydration meter, her turn into a mermaid when in the ocean or bathtub, and get into the bathtub correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sideways bathing:

BathingSideways.png

Mermaid Form in CAS:

MermaidForminCAS.PNG

Hygiene Meter Example and Self Mermaid Options:

MermaidOptions.PNG

Message 24 of 66 (2,712 Views)

Hero
@stillrampant Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Randomly-generated-mermaids-are-missing-key-tra... mixed with the hybrid issue.

Could you check if she has that trait mentioned in the thread I linked ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 66 (2,684 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't see the trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE in her hidden traits. She has the normal Occult Mermaid trait under Right Handedness.

Message 26 of 66 (2,670 Views)

Hero
@stillrampant Yeah, that explains the wonkeyness.

To be sure: Were all Sims created in CAS or are any NPCs involved ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 66 (2,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Her mother is a legacy sim (her great-grandparent was generated in CAS.) and her father is a either a random generated or NPC sim named Tamati Lefao. She was not generated in CAS, she was born in game.

When she was a toddler I used MCCC to get her skills totally full and age her up to a child. MCCC to get her an A in school and MCCC to age up to a teen. Then used cheats (not MCCC) to fill her responsibility/manners etc., MCCC for good grades and MCCC to age up a young adult.  

Her mermaid status is from her mom having turned into a mermaid through mermaid kelp before becoming pregnant.

I have tested this problem with both MCCC installed and uninstalled. 

Message 28 of 66 (2,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Go to sim

Control shift c

Traits.equip_trait OccultMermaid_YTAE OR TYAE cant remember that will fix it

Make sure you have a space inbetween trait and occult 

Message 29 of 66 (2,621 Views)

Hero
@stillrampant merging your post then. It does sound like the hybrid bug might have played it's part that the child didn't properly get the traits or those are also bugged.

As said, just manually add the trait and it should all be fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 66 (2,605 Views)