[OPEN] [IL] Mermaid Tail invisible after eating kelp/aging up

by AgentTid3

Original Post

Re: When the Mermaid children grow up, their tails disappear

★★★★★ Apprentice

Still, the problem is that the tail fin disappears as the Merman child grows into a teenager

Message 51 of 54 (333 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

2022-3-6_12-21-21.png

Mermaid children still have problems with missing caudal fins when they grow up

Message 52 of 54 (261 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mengzhu123What does your merfolk’s plumbob look like? Merfolk have a unique plumbob, and I’ve been able to replicate this bug. If it’s the bug I’m thinking of, the plumbob will look different, and I know how to fix it.

As far as I know, you need 3 mermadic kelp. The first 2 turns them human and the 3rd turns them back into a merman or mermaid. But, this works for merfolk born in game.

When merfolk age up, they don’t age up properly. I honestly believe this has a lot to do with how merfolk are essentially the same as a human sim until they’re teens. Merfolk at the Child Life Stage neither have a merman or mermaid form nor a hydration need. I think they glitch after aging up because the younger life stages are too different from the older life stages. I honestly think giving the younger life stages a merman or mermaid form would fix this because it always happens when merfolk children age up to merfolk teens.

Another thing to remember with merfolk is the merwoke mechanic. If a household doesn’t know a sim is a mermaid or merman, they aren’t supposed to be able to see their tail. Technically, merfolk don’t always show up in their occult form, but I think this causes some of the bugs too.

Finally, you need to create an outfit in their human form for every outfit in their mermadic form. If you don’t create outfits in their human form, but you create multiple outfits in their mermadic form, the game will randomly generate an outfit in their human form. That could be another cause. But these bugs are a little different from each other.

-------------------------------------------------------
I'm a Volunteer. I do not work for EA.
Message 53 of 54 (184 Views)

Champion

The reason the merwoke mechanic is important is because, depending on the household you are playing, merfolk are supposed to look different in the water.

This might create a conflict in the code, but I’m not an expert in coding that can confirm that.

I'm a Volunteer. I do not work for EA.
Message 54 of 54 (182 Views)