[OPEN] [IL] Mermaid Tail invisible after eating kelp/aging up

by AgentTid3

Original Post

Tailless Mermaids

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, City Living, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Natural born mermaid getting in water
What happens when the bug occurs? Mermaid has no tail
What do you expect to see? A mermaid tail
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My family of mermaids have no tails in mermaid form. Additionally, the one mermaid who does have a tail, hers changes every time she shifts to mermaid form (it's been black, blue and green, and now red). No option to change a tail shows up in CAS via boolprop or in the Change Sim option for a mirror.

Message 11 of 54 (1,107 Views)

Re: Mermaid tale is invisible

★★★ Apprentice
Message 12 of 54 (1,103 Views)

Re: Tailless Mermaids

Hero
@concertviolin Did you try clicking on the torso so you get the menu ? There should then be tails you can add.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 54 (1,082 Views)

★ Novice

Good morning! 

Yes, I did. I'm some pictures here. The tail option shows up on the dad, but not the three offspring. I click on swim trunks and sandles and the legs will populate and they wave around like the tail would, the feet distorting.

Thanks so much for reaching out. I hope you can help!

Message 14 of 54 (1,068 Views)

Hero
@concertviolin Might be a different issue than the one I merged your post in then.

Could you upload the family to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 54 (1,039 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mermaid Tail invisible after eating kelp/aging up

★★★ Apprentice

Same Frown 

i just got this yesterday and this is the first time I’ve tried to make a mermaid.  I waited for the sim to be halfway through a lot of skills etc. Before changing to the next part of my story line.  It’s just half a sim. In CAS, in game.  So bummed.  She swims like a mermaid but she’s half a sim.  Nothing from the waist down when in water or when looking in CAS

Message 16 of 54 (985 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mermaid Tail invisible after eating kelp/aging up

★ Guide

I don't know since what time this problem startet. It was not a problem at the beginning of Isle Living. In the beginning I noticed first after Magic Realms, I think. I could solve the missing Tail in Cas now. In the beginning of Isle Living it was no problem eating kelp, running into water and getting the tail. Ist doe not work any longer now.

Message 17 of 54 (958 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue that made aged up Mermaid Teen Sims have their Mermaid Tails disappear in Create a Sim and while Swimming.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 54 (1,057 Views)

★★ Novice

I updated to version 1.58.69.1010 today and aged up a mermaid for the first time from YA to Adult - Her tail is now invisible during game-play when swimming in the ocean, but is still visible in CAS and when bathing in the tub. I have Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, StrangerVille, Laundry Day Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff, and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.

Message 19 of 54 (889 Views)

Hero
@Axs2640Sxa1119 If it's visible in CAS but not in the game, then it sounds like a different issue than this one.

What happens if you change the tail in CAS, does it become visible ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 54 (878 Views)