by leozabotto

Original Post

[IL] New mermaid have no tail or is wearing clothes over tail

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Turn a Human Sim to Mermaid eating the Mermadic Kelp 2. Take your Sim to the water
What happens when the bug occurs? There is two possibilities: 1. Sims have no Tail. OR 2. Sims are wearing clothes over tail. We need to enter in CAS to get this fixed.
What do you expect to see? New mermaid Sims having tail and without wearing random clothes above/over tail after transformation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

23-12-19_16-09-11.png

23-12-19_16-06-44.png

23-12-19_16-00-12.png

Message 21 of 54 (873 Views)

Re: [IL] New mermaid have no tail or is wearing clothes over tail

[ Edited ]
Hero

@leozabotto Can you change the tail to show when you take them to CAS ? Is the hydration bar normal ? Any hybrid form involved ?

Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Mermaid-Tail-invisible-after-eating-kelp-aging-... (except the clothing, supposed to be fixed actually) or this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-IL-Mermaids-have-no-tail-no-hydration-bar-missing/...

Then there's this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Work-Uniform-Overlaying-Mermaid-Tail/td-p/8013599/ .. is it a work uniform ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 54 (841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict  Sorry, I clicked on "Accept As Solution" accidentally.

So, If I edit the Sim on CAS I can select a tail and it appears normally and the bugged clothes disappears. Hydratation bar is normal, there is no hybrid situation (the Sim was only a human previously) and it's not a work uniform, since this Sim is on a fresh game and is unemployed.

Message 23 of 54 (828 Views)

Hero
@leozabotto I merged your post with the old thread then and re-opened

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 54 (796 Views)

Bug with mermaid and wizgard children

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everithing exept moschino, bowling night, romantic garden stuff, movie hangout stuff STUFF, Backyard stuff, luxury party stuff, perfect patio stuff, legacy edition
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I play with family where father was wizgard, mather was mermaid, they have 2 daughters -- 1 mermaid, 1 wizgard. Mermaid daughter (she is teen) has stone for move in magic world and wizgard skills, but when she swam in the sea, her legs have disappeared (I see onli her up part of body). When she was in the bath, she had animation like a marmaid
What happens when the bug occurs? If i try to change family in the mirror then my teen marmaid has legs
What do you expect to see? I expect to see wizgard or mermaid. Not together! She think that she mermaid, but have wizgard skills and haven't legs...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

appearance of my sim and her properties

Message 25 of 54 (774 Views)

★★ Novice

I also tried to edit it in the CAS, my sim was there man and had legs. 

Message 26 of 54 (749 Views)

Re: Race related bug of mermaid

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

3.Yeah, that's the mood

I also have a screenshot of the problem I mentioned to you about the human eating the Mermaid Kelp:This is also the human eating the Sea Kelp, not to the tail into the Water Bug).pngWhen humans Eat Sea Kelp, they get bugs in the water.png

When they go into the water, they either have no tail, or they have feet, or they're attached to a bathing suit

(Multiple posts in a row merged by CM)

Message 27 of 54 (736 Views)

Re: Mermaid tale is invisible

★★ Novice

02-04-20_7-10-54 PM.png02-04-20_7-10-46 PM.png

I just had my sim eat the mermaid kelp that it got from the perks points. It has no tail in the water, I tried to go to CAS to fix it and it has no tail in CAS and wont let me edit a tail or do anything with it. Frown this is the first time trying to get a mermaid sim it was human before and never been anything else. ( was not vampire or anything etc just normal human )

I do not have any mods and never have used them in my game. 

Message 28 of 54 (684 Views)

Re: Mermaid tale is invisible

Hero
@inkyy Did you try clicking on the upper part of the body to get the menu ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 54 (668 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Mermaid Tail invisible after eating kelp/aging up

★★ Novice
@AgentTid3 Same her. tried reporting this again as I have a newer version and can't be able to report it.

What is your current game version number? Version 1.61.15.1020
Message 30 of 54 (723 Views)