by grrlandoct

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Mermaid Tail invisible after eating kelp/aging up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansions packs, all the game packs except strangerville, and these are the stuff packs I do own: backyard stuff, fitness stuff, kids stuff, laundry, movie hangout, patio, spooky stuff, toddler, vintage glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I made my sim a mermaid through ingesting mermadic kelp we a pre-existing sim. I ingested two pieces in a row thinking that the first piece didn't work since there was no notification item. Now EVERY TIME I SWIM in the ocean by lower body completely disappears. I can tell I have a tale based on the swimming animations but I am just a torso swimming around.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot see my mermaid tale while swimming. It is invisible.
What do you expect to see? A tale.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I made my sim a mermaid through ingesting mermadic kelp we a pre-existing sim. I ingested two pieces in a row thinking that the first piece didn't work since there was no notification item. Now EVERY TIME I SWIM in the ocean by lower body completely disappears. I can tell I have a tale based on the swimming animations but I am just a torso swimming around.

Message 1 of 54 (7,287 Views)

Re: Mermaid tale is invisible

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same issue, I've tried to change my character in CAS and she is a torso in mermaid form also.

The character was created after the installation of Island Living.

Message 2 of 54 (7,199 Views)

Hero
@AgentTid3 could you upload your Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 54 (7,193 Views)

★★ Guide

I had 2 mermaid children who both got invisible tails upon aging into teens, but going into cas and giving them a tail(they had a floating torso in CAS at first) made it visible for me, both in Cas and in Live.

Message 4 of 54 (7,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictHello!!

I have uploaded my poor bugged mermaid on the gallery. My ID is the same as the name here as per usual.

I encountered the same bug when I did my test-save for watering plants. No mods was used and I have only played this sim. Got the mermadic kelp from the bbshowhiddenobjects-cheat. Just wanted to swim around in Glimmerbrook with a mermaid while testing the watering plants bug.

Ha ha, little bit funny to stumble into a new bug when I was trying to sort out another one. Let me know if you need the save, I got it in a folder.

Message 5 of 54 (7,120 Views)

Hero
@SilentK008 I can duplicate the issue when eating kelp from the buydebug menu.

It's easy to solve though by going to CAS

@AgentTid3 Did you eat kelp from buydebug or found ?
@verfens: I assume yours was an ingame born mermaid ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 54 (7,105 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, they were mermaids born from normal gameplay between a human sim and a premade mermaid sim in the game.

Message 7 of 54 (7,054 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with a lot of my Sims... as well as many other bugs that seem to have started happening after downloading the Magic Realm expansion pack. My main Sim is a mersim and has many children that are also mersims; some adults, some teens. 3 different things have occurred now. First, my Sim wouldn't change out of her tail and was "walking" around clumsily on land while still sporting her mer-tail. Then her and a couple of her offspring were either swimming around like they had a tail but were sporting legs or they wouldn't even acknowledge the fact that they were mer-sims and were just swimming around like normal people. Now, my main Sim is swimming around with only the upper half of her body... sometimes even swimming around through the house and on land until I shift click and reset Sim. 

Like I said, this is only one of many annoying bugs I have been experiencing since Magic Realm was downloaded. I have never used Mods on the games. 

Message 8 of 54 (7,025 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same here, after making my teen a mermaid by eating kelp he had no visible tail. Creating a tail in CAS fixed the problem permanently.

Message 9 of 54 (7,007 Views)

Mermaid tail is not visible, only half body is swimming

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 17.09.2019
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions; all currently available game packs except Realm of Magic and Jungle Adventures; packs: Spooky Stuff, Landry Day and Cinema stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Turned the character into the mermaid by eating the Mermaid fruit (got one from the Reward store) 2. Selected "Swim" in home lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Character turned to the mermaid but no tail is displayed. There are some shadows and water movement, but only upper half of the body is visible.
What do you expect to see? Both parts of the body including the tail
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

screenshots https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gammDsQOvyCCbRWlxZe6HyO66aMTTKFV

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xW3F5jqrtprXX54ibtAk_YfdCZ6K4F6J

Message 10 of 54 (6,989 Views)