[FIXED] [IL] Mermaid Sims Won't Die

by bluerainbowz0

Original Post

Re: [Needs Input] Mermaid Sims Won't Die

★ Apprentice

I think it mermaids can’t die because of some kind of glitch since everyone has a problem with different death types. I’m being forced to change my mermaid sims back to human before I can kill them with Mermadic kelp. My sims don’t live in Sulani tho they live in willow creek. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next update. 

My problem in detail:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/mermaids-dont-die-easily/m-p/8250478/highlight/true#M1...

Message 11 of 59 (3,299 Views)

Re: mermaid sims dont die

@Rumplestiltsim  I've merged your post with an ongoing thread on the same issue.  Feel free to check out the linked bug report as well, and click Me Too and add more info if you'd like.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 59 (3,288 Views)

Re: Mermaid Sims Won't Die

[ Edited ]
Hero

@bluerainbowz0 I merged all your posts.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 59 (3,275 Views)

Re: [Needs Input] Mermaid Sims Won't Die

★★★★ Pro

Not only that mermaids can't die from old age, also transforming them back to humans doesn't solve this. My ex-mermaid is now 5 days overdue ...

Message 14 of 59 (3,247 Views)

Hero
@bluerainbowz0 So i checked the Sims on your game and they have auto-age disable but dying is enabled although the settings for aging are on.

Not sure how that happens. Did you ever mark them as such with a mod ?

Marking this as Needs info for now to see if anyone can shed some light

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 59 (3,235 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I didn't touch the setting and I do not have a mod that messes with settings. The weird part is that everyone else dies, just not mermaids.

Message 16 of 59 (3,231 Views)

Hero
@bluerainbowz0 It was just those the eldest two that have that setting though. The others are normal.

Did you manage to kill the younger mermaid ? I tried to starve her which didn't work .

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 59 (3,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

There are more mermaids, one called Calipso and another one living by the volcano. They won't die either. I have tried emotional cheats to kill them. U can't drown them since they are mermaids. Best shot would be to try and kill them with my magician Sims fire spell. And it seems other people have tried other routes to kill them. I haven't tried to kill my female mermaid, only the elders. They are pretty much immortal at this point. I hoped they would die of old age. The youngest male sim was a mermaid before, I don't know if the same applies to him since he was a mermaid from birth or if changing his occult fixed the problem. It isn't the kelp since my female was a mermaid from birth and based on the information you gave me, she can't be killed. 

Message 18 of 59 (3,209 Views)

★ Apprentice

Best thing would proabably be to eat the kelp SK they’re human sims again. Don’t think mermaids will be able to die until EA patches the problem

Message 19 of 59 (3,172 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Rumplestiltsim Eating kelp didn't fix this for me, my ex-merman stayed immortal. I finally deleted him.
Message 20 of 59 (3,151 Views)