Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Mermaid Sims Won't Die

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Real of Magic, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Vampires, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A mermaid sim won't die from old age, dangerously Tired moodlet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims won't die from old age. Dangerously Tired moodlet disappears after I push them to do exhausting actions.
What do you expect to see? Sims dying from old age, emotional deaths, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In Sulani I have 4 mermaid sims. They are about the same age, all their age bars are maxed, warning that they would die appeared since one of my sims was a teenager. Said sim is now an adult and all 4 mermaid sims are still alive. Tried killing them with the Dangerously Tired moodlet, it appeared but after I forced more exhausting actions it canceled out and disappeared without the countdown for the moodlet to disappear finishing.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 8 of 59 (24,149 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Mermaid Sims Won't Die

Hero

Mermaids previously would not die due to starvation or aging up. That has been fixed. Remember to feed your Mermaids!

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 59 of 59 (2,758 Views)

All Replies

mermaid sims dont die

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

In my household I have 2 old mermaid sims. A LONG time ago the game said they would be dying soon, this was around the time when their offspring were teens. Because their Fitness skills are high I expected them to last a while longer, but their children are now adults and they still won't die. They aren't the only ones. I installed 2  mermaid sims from the library. They are around the same age as my main household older sims, both have their age bars maxed. One of those mermaids lived with a non-mermaid sim and that sim died long before him. None of the 4 mermaid sims in Sulani have died. I use mods but I disabled them and took them out of the mods folder. I repaired the game, played those sims and the issue is still there. I actually tried using cheats to kill them. It gave one of them the Dangerously Tired moodlet and made them woohoo since it won't let me do more exercise, instead of dying the moodlet got cancelled out and they could keep doing sports for even more hours until the pulled muscle moodlet showed up, then it left after a while. Please, I need help to make my mermaid sims die normally of old age.

If anyone has the same issue please follow the link, click me too and add some information about the issue.

Bug Report Forum Link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Needs-Input-Mermaid-Sims-Won-t-Die/m-p/8250995/highlight/true#...

Message 1 of 59 (24,170 Views)

Re: mermaid sims dont die

★ Apprentice
@bluerainbowz0 I am having the same issue!! I tried to starve my merfolk sims and nothing happens! They get old, I get the notification that they will die, but nothing happens! I think it's a bug from the game and they have to fix it Frown
Message 2 of 59 (24,149 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@JadeMalagodi 

@bluerainbowz0 

Have you tried to repair the game?

Go to the Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "repair game"

You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

It could be also helped if you can locate The Sims4 folder. It is in Documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 4.

Open it and delete localthumbcache.package file and all folders what have "cache" word in the name. The game will recreate them but without saved errors.

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.

I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 59 (24,135 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I have tried to repair the game multiple times, i do not have any localthumbcache in any of my cache files. actually my cache files are pretty much empty. I tried moving the mods and repairing, it didn't work either.

Message 4 of 59 (24,106 Views)

mermaids dont die easily

★ Apprentice

recently discovered something i thought i should share. dont know if this counts as a glitch but my mermaid sims are incapable of dying certain deaths. im playing a legacy challenge and my entire clan are now mermaids and when it came to the nature part of the legacy challenge i found mermaid sims could not

- drown (that seems obvious but still something to note)

- starve??? (when it says starve to death in like 3 seconds the timer dissappears completely and its just an uncomfortable moodlet like with dirty surroundings

- die from pufferfish (i assume this is because theyre mermaids and fish cannot kill them but still i was consuming like 20 poor quality pufferfish nigiris a day until i finally thought let me try this as a human sim - why isnt this noted somewhere that certain types of sims cannot be killed certain ways like bodybuilder elders cant die of overexertion from working out)

these are the only deaths ive found that conflict with mermaids.

i even tried to cheat the pufferfish death but mccommand center wouldnt even let me select pufferfish as a way to kill them. been racking my brain for the oast couple of days until i reached the conclusion that mermaids are tough to kill

Message 5 of 59 (24,092 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 6 of 59 (24,097 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Will do, thank you.

Message 7 of 59 (24,089 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I started the bug report, if you can please follow the link, click me too and add some info about your problem to find a solution.

Bug Report Link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Needs-Input-Mermaid-Sims-Won-t-Die/m-p/8250995/highlight/true#...

Message 10 of 59 (24,076 Views)