by SweetVeggieAmai

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Mermaid Conservationists can't complete snorkel job task

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? IL, RG, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a mermaid sim in the Conservationist career. Receive the job task "Snorkel in Mua Pel'am" and attempt to do the task.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot select the "snorkel" task on buoys. It is greyed out, with a message "Mermaids would never... be caught snorkeling. It's a taboo subject."
What do you expect to see? Mermaid conservationists do not receive the job task to "Snorkel in Mua Pel'am"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living expansion pack

The Conservationist career has a job task randomly assigned that requires the sim to "Snorkel around Mua Pel'am". Mermaids cannot snorkel, so they are unable to complete this job task, leading to job performance and pay loss. When assigning job tasks, the Conservationist career should do a check to see if the sim is a mermaid, and if so, this task should not be assigned.

Mermaids cannot snorkel.png

Message 1 of 32 (11,505 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mermaid Conservationists can't complete snorkel job task

★★ Novice

Have there been any solutions to this issue yet? I am currently having this problem myself?

Message 2 of 32 (11,250 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Mermaid Conservationists can't complete snorkel job task

★★★★ Novice

Mermaids can't snorkel or  scuba dive they think its beneath them

Message 3 of 32 (11,102 Views)

Hero (Retired)

My mermaid sim was given a snorkel task as her "head start" for her career when she joined. She was unable to complete this action, as mermaid sims are unable to snorkel. 

The Sims™ 4_20200221184905.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20200221162740.jpg

Message 4 of 32 (10,619 Views)

★ Apprentice

Grr! How frustrating that there's just ONE thing you can't do, or even approximate as a mermaid marine biologist!

Message 5 of 32 (10,486 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Still having this issue in May 2020! Please Gurus! Give us a fix in June at least for all the things in the bug reports that have been going on for years!

Message 6 of 32 (9,960 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Alternate suggestion for fix: make the Task 'Snorkel or Free Dive' instead of just 'Snorkel' so that mermaids can complete.  Might be easier to implement than checking the occult state.

Message 7 of 32 (9,497 Views)

★★ Apprentice

still having this issue in July 2020

Message 8 of 32 (9,419 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still having this issue July 2020 😡😒

Message 9 of 32 (9,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Still happening in August (end of August). I'm going to try free diving, but I'm not sure it'll work.

I think having a "Snorkel or Free Dive" task would make it work for mermaid sims.

Message 10 of 32 (9,172 Views)