Re: [OPEN] [IL] Mermaid Conservationists can't complete snorkel job task

by lozneo

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Still having this issue in June  2021, should be fairly easy to fix by changing the task to freedive

Message 21 of 32 (1,337 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Can I "Me, too" this again?

I've taken to using UI cheats whenever my Sim gets this task but would rather she do the work task she's assigned.  Seriously.  I want to play a non-cheated game, y'all.  I'll cheat if it's a bug, but I'd prefer to play a non-cheat game.

Message 22 of 32 (1,314 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I'm having this problem too. First time playing a mermaid and I'm underwhelmed at the life state, but I'm also super annoyed that dumb stuff like this is still an issue. It surely cannot be that hard to either change the task to "Snorkel or Free Dive", or check the life state (IF mermaid THEN have different task ELSE don't change). It's a real shame that we can't do more to change these problems than yell into the void.

Message 23 of 32 (1,219 Views)

★ Novice

Or even have Survey Ocean Wildlife count as snorkling... it looks just the same. This was my first task straight out of Foxbury... frustraiting.

Message 24 of 32 (1,068 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem in 2022

Please EA, fix it.

Message 25 of 32 (1,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue in 2022 ugh. The marine biologist career came out at the same time as mermaids and this issue has been noted for years so EA has no excuse for still having this bug in the game. EA games fix this issue! 

Message 26 of 32 (1,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hope it's okay to put this here, but since this is still an issue... I put together a quick fix.

It's not perfect and the animation is wrong but you can at least do the interaction now..

(link removed) - Atic 

Message 27 of 32 (845 Views)

Champion

Even in 2022, this feels like such a huge missed opportunity. Merfolk can't complete tasks for the Marine Biologist Career, and they don't even have their own animation. It's just more limitations imposed on merfolk, and they already don't have a lot of Island Living Content to help them swim on their own.

-------------------------------------------------------
I'm a Volunteer. I do not work for EA.
Message 28 of 32 (699 Views)

Champion
@Metior_Ice Forgot to add this detail. The Marine Biologist Career has 2 different tasks. One is to Survey Ocean Wildlife, and the other is to Snorkel. Merfolk can Survey Ocean Wildlife, but they can't snorkel. Both tasks are possible tasks.
I'm a Volunteer. I do not work for EA.
Message 29 of 32 (698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still having this issue in December 2022!!

Message 30 of 32 (616 Views)