Re: All outfit are Swimsuit

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, all the outfits turned to swimsuit. I had her change between a few in case it'd be just an UI bug, but she stayed in a swimsuit no matter which one I chose.
Message 11 of 28 (988 Views)

Hero
@Lumiasta Would say sounds related then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 28 (982 Views)

★★ Guide

Created another mermaid, and she has the same issue but worse. She seems to change to her swimsuit every time she travels, and all the outfit options show as swimsuits. When she enters water in the lot wherever she traveled to, she turns to mermaid normally, and when she gets out and turns back to human form, her outfits are back to normal. So definitely looks like some sort of 'mermaids stuck in mermaid outfit options on land' kind of a thing.

Message 13 of 28 (944 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 28 (931 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same issue here, bathing outfit overwrites everything else after travelling. As a quick workaround, just send the mermaid to CAS (in-game, no cheat required) and back.

Message 15 of 28 (908 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this issue as well, with mods, haven't tried without but seeing this thread it happens to unmodded games as well. Mermaid sim goes into bathing suit for any reason, and it gets stuck that way. Only workaround is going into CAS and exiting. Career outfits are also only working properly after sim has come back from work. Got the saves ready for sending if you want them.

Message 16 of 28 (867 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mermaid: All outfit are Swimsuit

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictSchwarzbart00 I had the same thing for my mermaid sim once, after reloading the game it fixed by itself.
Message 17 of 28 (848 Views)

★★ Guide

Another quick fix that works only if your current lot has water near it, is to send the mermaid to swim. When they get their tail and then return to land, the game remembers that they have two-legs clothes, too. 

Message 18 of 28 (837 Views)

★★ Guide

This happened to my mermaid a couple of times. One time was when she went to some sort of celebrity event with her father.

Message 19 of 28 (811 Views)

sims looks resetting after becoming a mermaid

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for: Moschino, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Kids and toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a spellcaster sim ask for the rite of dissolution. (This bug may happen without previously being a spellcaster, I'm not sure.) then purchase mermadic kelp and become a mermaid and go into water.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims looks completely reset except for physical features. they have no tail and the bottom part of them is just completely missing. I tried to give all her outfits back to her and set her mermaid form to how I would like in cas.fulleditmode but then when she went back to her human form all of her outfits were swimwear.
What do you expect to see? the transformation to go smoothly, no outfit breaking or looks resetting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I was just playing the game like usual and I wanted my spellcaster sim to be a mermaid instead. I used a cheat to stop them from being a spell caster, went to Sulani and into the ocean. I noticed she was wearing a sports hijab (I think thats what it is) and a different top piece and I then noticed she had no tail, I went into create a sim and took the sports hijab off and fixed her bikini, realised she was wearing a completely different hair and colour, I redid the outfits then all her human forms outfits turned to swimwear. I just assumed this was because I used a cheat to turn my spellcaster back into a human it glitched a bit so I exited my game. retried it but it did the same thing. this time I did it properly and asked for the rite of dissolution, exact same thing happened. turned off all mods and did it again, exact same thing happened. it's happened three times now, it's really upsetting. if anybody knows a fix please tell me!

Message 20 of 28 (807 Views)