by simone1436

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Kava Party: Cook meal objective doesn't complete

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all currently available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run Kava Party
What happens when the bug occurs? I attempt to throw kava party Attempt to make group meal to complete objective objective doesn't complete and/or pops to be completed again after completion
What do you expect to see? Throw kava party Cook meal to complete objective objective complete
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aDbBxM_ARtauwktBnqdmjwU5olTz8jM4 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 10 (4,229 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Kava Party: Cook meal objective doesn't complete

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too! But with multiple goals. Anything food related comes up over and over after I've completed them, which is frustrating because you have to get gold to complete the first level of the island location aspiration. But it's absolutely impossible with this bug. The best I can get is silver no matter how many times I try. 

Message 2 of 10 (4,084 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me! I've just resorted to cheating past it, which isn't all that satisfying. lol

Message 3 of 10 (4,036 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (3,970 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Kava Party: Cook meal objective doesn't complete

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone having this issue possibly share a save file? We've had trouble reproducing, we're able to complete the Make a Group Meal objective.

We've seen this objective get repeated in the 3rd objective slot, but many other objectives are repeated as well, like Grab a Drink of Kava, Invite Guests to Drink Kava, Kava Toast, etc. I believe it's by design that these objectives are getting repeated in the 3rd slot, it's happening because there's so few objectives for the event in general. 

But yeah, we're not seeing any objectives fail to complete. Thanks for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 10 (3,677 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I noticed this also on my first Kava Party. 

I was asked multiple times to "cook a group meal", to "invite guests to drink kava", and to "propose a kava toast". However, I managed to complete the group meal goal twice, the drinking kava twice, and ran out of time on the 2nd time through the toast.

Despite all of this, I earned gold on my first and only kava party without any kind of cheating. The goal would fulfill and then come up again - each time giving me more credit towards the party.

Honestly, I just thought it was supposed to be that way - eat, drink, and be merry!

Message 6 of 10 (3,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey, what cheat did you use. I cant seem to get passed the toast part. the option for a toast never comes up. and ive thrown the party three times, restarted my laptop and nothing. 

Message 7 of 10 (3,202 Views)

Hero
@hirschies Did you give your Sims drinks ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (3,177 Views)

★★★ Expert

I just tried my first Kava party at one of the Sulani public beach locations. I too was not able to complete the Make a Group Meal objective. Could it be because I used a grill to prepare the meal?

The meals from grills do produce many servings but do they qualify as a Group Meal like those prepared with a regular oven?

I was lucky, there was sufficient time to complete enough of the other objectives that I did earn the gold. The next time I throw a Kava party I'll try using a regular oven to see if that completes the Group Meal objective for me.

Message 9 of 10 (3,126 Views)

★ Guide

I am not getting the Kava Toast option. 

Message 10 of 10 (2,757 Views)