by skyemuu

Original Post

Re: My sim

Hero
@_inahsrad Glad to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 31 (824 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have the same issue here, but this time, my sims never was a mermaid, but exchanges a kiss with one pre existing mermaids in the game, and since then, he litteraly turn is leg into difformity legs in bath, and he does the anim underwater to change into mermaid, but he still just have is legs. By the way, he was never a mermaid, he was born spellcaster and still have this issue. Other sims that was once mermaid and that I have change back to normal sims trought the kelp fruit, are now having that issue as well.

Message 22 of 31 (802 Views)

Hero
@Francoisf30 Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Spellcaster-has-Mermaid-Discovered-trait-never-been...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 31 (800 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you manage to fix the issue? It definitely worked for me. Mine was a mermaid to begin with and removing the trait helped but since yours wasn’t one before I wouldn’t know much about it. BUT definitely try to do what Crinrict mentioned in the previous post! 

Message 24 of 31 (765 Views)

Re: Ex-mermaids keep animations/glitches

★★★★ Guide

That has happened to me too, I had a spellcaster who ate a mermaid kelp, and since then, when he walk in the water, he does the same animation to change into mermaid tail, but instead of being tail, its deformed legs that flips like a tail... same situation in bath tub, pool...I tried to make him eat 2 mermaid kelp, but it did not change a single thing. Plus when I use other sims and ask if he is a mermaid, he has the answer that he is lol, meanwhile he is not.

Message 25 of 31 (663 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Former Mermaids still have mermaid behavior

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm on Xbox and this happens to me too. After getting Realm of Magic about a month ago I had my Sims eat Mermadic Kelp twice to stop being mermaids so they could be Spellcasters. 

I had my female Sim enter the water but my male Sim (one of the premades in Sulani who isn't a mermaid but I made into a mermaid at the same time I made my female Sim one) didn't because they were in the Realm of Magic when I decided to make him a Spellcaster too. 

Only my female Sim gets the mermaid animations before returning to normal but the male Sim doesn't. 

The Kiss in Water interaction is also affected by this glitch since when she does it, her legs do the tail movement also but return to normal once the interaction is over. 

Hopefully this gets fixed. 

EDIT: Just read through the thread and did what @crinrict suggested. They're in Mt. Komorebi right now eating (on the slopes) so when they're done I'll see if the cheat worked. They're still able to go home though since they're visiting the slopes from their house. 

EDIT 2: Yup, it worked! 😊 If you're reading this, thanks for posting that cheat to remove the issue, Crin! 😃

Message 26 of 31 (638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@_inahsradSame as you described above but with testingcheats on instead of true

- Open Cheat console
- Type testingcheats on
- Make sure Sim with the problem is selected
- Type traits.remove_trait occultMermaid_discovered

@crinrictThanks so much, this worked for me too :D

Message 27 of 31 (535 Views)

Former mermaid sim legs bend similar to a mermaid tail when taking a bath.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.42.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Journey to Batuu, and the following Kits: Courtyard Oasis, Industrial Loft, Incheon Arrivals, Modern Menswear, Blooming Rooms, Moonlight Chic, and Bathroom Clutter.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim that used to be a mermaid take a bath.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim gets into a bath and their legs bend the same way a mermaid tail does. It's the same animation except the tail does not appear.
What do you expect to see? The sim to take a bath like a non-mermaid sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The sim has been three different occults. First a mermaid, then a werewolf, and is a currently a vampire. I did not used cheats to change the sim but regular gameplay. These changes to the sim were not all at one time but was spaced out as I felt like changing the sim. This was several months of play sessions.

Message 28 of 31 (303 Views)

Re: Former mermaid sim legs bend similar to a mermaid tail when taking a bath.

Hero
@JaylatheBookworm Since you are a mod user, are you using MCCC or SimsInfo to check if there's still any mermaid traits on the Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 31 (268 Views)

Re: Former mermaid sim legs bend similar to a mermaid tail when taking a bath.

★★★ Apprentice

I have fixed the issue with a cheat. I am not a mod user. I haven't touched any mods or custom content in years. 

Message 30 of 31 (245 Views)