reverted mermaids have floppy legs in the tub

by BLKnight08

Original Post

Re: Ex-mermaids keep animations/glitches

★★★★ Pro

Yes, that sounds like the same bug! Perhaps you can merge them so that the bathtub problem is also listed.

Message 11 of 31 (2,556 Views)

reverted mermaids have floppy legs in the tub

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? expansion packs: island living, city living and get famous Game packs: realm of magic, vampires and spa day stuff packs: vintage glamour and perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i don't think you can when i talked to the guy on the phone he said he had never seen nor heard of this bug before so it is a new one i believe
What happens when the bug occurs? my sims turned back human from mermaid still exhibit mermaid behavior like the tail flopping in the tub, except its their legs.
What do you expect to see? obviously the sims legs should not be flopping like a mermaid tail.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

so i turned my humans into mermaids in island living , when i purchased realm of magic i decided to turn them back to human, now everything went fine until one of my sims decided to take a bath, thats when i realized the bug, their legs will flop out of the tub like it was still a mermaid tail but it isnt a mermaid tail its still just the legs of my sim lol. Now as hilarious and disturbing that is they also do the flip when entering a pool or the ocean like to tranform into a mermaid but they dont.

i seem to be the first ti receive this bug as i dont see it anywhere online, i tried everything on the ps4 to fix it, the only thing that worked was uninstalling everything (cause ps4) and redownloading everything i owned but island living, once i confirmed the bug was none existent i reinstalled island living to see if the bug would persist, and it did my sims legs once again flopped like a fin.

side note: this bug only happens with the parents of the sims family both kids do not have floppy leg syndrome?? lol 

Message 12 of 31 (2,561 Views)

Re: reverted mermaids have floppy legs in the tub

Hero
@BLKnight08 Merged your post with the PC thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 31 (2,534 Views)

My sim

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration Pack Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Sim using the occult trait (mermaid) then have the Sim consume 2 Mermadic kelp to turn back into human.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim does the mermaid spin before entering the ocean. Whenever he takes a bath his feet turn all floppy, kind of like when Harry Potter broke his arm and Gilderoy Lockhart casted a spell to try and fix it.
What do you expect to see? To just swim normally without the spin and to take a bath like normal human Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’m fairly new to the Sims game, so putting in cheat codes got me so confused. I have tried the remove trait cheat but maybe I’m doing it wrong.

Here’s how I did it:

I typed in testingcheats true and then hit enter. Then I typed in traits.remove_trait occultMermaid_discovered then pressed enter but nothing happened. Am I suppose to click my Sim even though he’s already selected or type in his name? *scratches head*

There are 3 Sims in the household. I have tried to reset object (debug) but nothing happens, ol’ boy still got the floppy legs. It bothers me cause I like my Sims a certain way and I don’t want to have to create a new Sim and get them to gain skills again. Thinking about it is already giving me a headache. I know few people had this issue too but if nothing can be done then headache it is, I guess *cries*. I hope anyone can show me the way to fix it. Thank you!

Message 14 of 31 (2,488 Views)

Re: My sim

Hero
@_inahsrad Merged your post with existing thread on this.

There's several traits that make a mermaid a mermaid.

Could you maybe upload your Sim to the gallery and post the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 31 (2,448 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve uploaded it to my gallery now, my username is _inahsrad and the household name is Omarosa Omi Wainani. It’s the last Sim I am talking about. I uploaded the previous version of them before I changed their traits/look. He used to be a mermaid but changed him back to human while I made the other housemates Mermaids. Thank you.

Message 16 of 31 (2,424 Views)

Hero
@_inahsrad Are you sure testing cheats was on ? Try testingcheats on instead of testingcheats true

I had no issues removing the trait and then the Sim took a bath fine. There don't seem to be any other hidden mermaid traits still there

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 31 (2,389 Views)

★★★ Novice

Would you be able to give a step to step guide on how you did it? Sorry if that’s long, I’m very new to Sims so I’m struggling a little bit. Thank you so much for replying to me! 

Message 18 of 31 (2,360 Views)

Hero
@_inahsrad Same as you described above but with testingcheats on instead of true

- Open Cheat console
- Type testingcheats on
- Make sure Sim with the problem is selected
- Type traits.remove_trait occultMermaid_discovered

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 31 (2,335 Views)

★★★ Novice

Omg! I can cry, it worked! I’m so happy, thank you again for taking your time to reply to my query!!! Amazing!

Message 20 of 31 (2,301 Views)