by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Former Mermaids still have mermaid behavior

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a mermaid eat mermadic kelp twice so they become a human and have them walk into the water
What happens when the bug occurs? They spin like how mermaids do when changing into their tail and their legs quickly get warped into a mermaid tail before they become regular legs again
What do you expect to see? A human sim who were once a mermaid should walk into the water regularly like other human sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I decided I didn't want my sim to be a mermaid after all and she now still does the spin when entering the water which is annoying, doesnt matter if i remove the trait with kelp or cheats, it happens either way.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 2 of 31 (3,968 Views)

Non-mermaid sim flipping like mermaid

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a normal sim eat mermaidic kelp to turn into a mermaid. Then have the same sim eat it again to unmermaid themselves. Go swimming in the ocean and if you don’t see it there, try using a boat or floats.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim who used to be a mermaid still flips like a mermaid does when climbing on a float, the boats, or going into deeper water.
What do you expect to see? For the sim not to flip like a mermaid when she’s not a mermaid any longer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 31 (3,943 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Human still does the spin in the water after no longer being a mermaid

Hero
@skyemuu Sounds like the other issues where something doesn't get removed properly. Could you upload the Sim to the gallery and post the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 31 (3,941 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict i messed around with it some and it only seems to work if you remove all buffs first
Message 4 of 31 (3,925 Views)

Hero
@skyemuu Yeah, def sounds like the same bug as Vamps and everyone else has. Some moodlet still occurring although it shouldn't

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 31 (3,922 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Former Mermaids still have mermaid behavior

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 31 (3,889 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrictskyemuu Did you ever figure out a solution?
Message 7 of 31 (3,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

PBJelly on LittleMsSam's Discord told me you can fix this with a cheat ("traits.remove_trait OccultMermaid_Discovered"; no quotes), and that it'll actually stick (unlike similar issues).

I'm just passing this along (PBJelly has alerted @crinrict , though), so don't quote me on it. Hopefully it'll help, though!

UPDATE: PBJelly told me to add the caveat this may not be the only cause:

1. OccultMermaid_Discovered
  2. OccultMermaid_MerfolkWoke
  3. OccultMermaid_MermaidForm
  4. OccultMermaid_TemporaryDiscovered
  5. OccultMermaid_TYAE

Those are all of the possible Traits that can cause this.

Message 8 of 31 (3,819 Views)

Ex-mermaids keep animations/glitches

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except DU
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a mermaid use kelp to transform her back to human.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ex-mermaids keep the flipping animation when going in and out of the water. In my case they were also unable to use normal bathtubs and showed the blocked-path bubble. This however changed after the November patch: now the mermaid can use the tub but lets her distorted legs hang out of the tub like a tail.
What do you expect to see? Normal human animations.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

May be merged with similar reports.

Message 9 of 31 (3,700 Views)

Re: Ex-mermaids keep animations/glitches

Hero
@alanmichael1 Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was just wondering if there was already a thread that I'm not aware of :D

Anyways, I found this that sound similar to yours: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Former-Mermaids-still-have-mermaid-behavior/td-... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 31 (3,688 Views)