[FIXED] [IL] Floors disappearing on water lots with glass floors

by SimmerHelene

Original Post

Re: Stilted Foundation Glitch

Hero
@Dannyy396 I've merged your post then. Thanks for confirming.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 78 (4,156 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] New foundation disappears

[ Edited ]
Champion

@emevens Sorry for your frustration, as I am seeing this also in my game. I have been having issues as well with flooring disappearing/deleting, and sometimes it leaves an odd gaping hole. Sometimes this is like a strange greenscreen effect only at certain angles (as in pic #1), and sometimes it's at all angles and just a strange hole with no flooring (as in pic #2) I do have both on video, if that becomes helpful at some point. Just let me know if you want the link.

When it is only at certain angles (#1) it was when I had built a porch/landing and removed the walls/ceiling from it afterward (and that is only over land). It looks like it has the default cement floor at most angles, and at certain angles it is a strange gaping hole.If I add tile floor or re-add those deleted walls the hole goes away, but it returns if I delete the porch 's outside wall. This is all definitely not normal. I use this technique a lot for certain porches/decks. Also if I add the default cement to that 'porch' it doesn't fill the hole. It needs to be a different flooring. And it apparently involves combining with 'Construction-Quality Concrete' flooring... but not with all of the walls. I did not try re-adding the cement myself, though.

Pic #1deck-missing-floor-WEB.jpg

This occurred while I was doing foundation experiments. This 'hole' appeared when I made a room over flooring with a glass tile so I could see the foundation below. It showed at all angles.

Pic #2 missing-floor-WEB.jpgRevised/Edit... this (below) appears at certain pans at back of home (over the back deck - toward the left of Pic #2 and the area past it)missing-floor-4-WEB.jpgHmmm.... It spread as I added a room on the first floor - after it removed the stilt foundation and I had to replace. missing-floor-5-WEB.jpg
 I'm on Mac. No Mods, no CC.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 12 of 78 (4,122 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem, graphics are all on the highest settings. It seems to be especially bad with decks. 

Message 13 of 78 (4,095 Views)

Disappearing Floor Glitch

★ Novice

Yesterday I downloaded Island Living and everything was fine. But now I’m midway building a house on one of the lots in Sulani and my floor disappears! As of now it’s only the floors that are in the water.. When the floor is gone in one of the effected rooms, I can’t place anything there. I’ve tried updating and repair and have taken out broken cc/mods, but no luck. Is it a glitch, does more people have the same problem or am I just crazy?

Message 14 of 78 (4,076 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Glitch in outside flooring disappearing in Water lot buil

★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem. The stilt foundation disappears if I'm too close or if I hover above the furniture. 

Message 15 of 78 (4,072 Views)

Bottom of Stilted Foundation Invisible On Water Lots

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On a water lot have stilted foundation
What happens when the bug occurs? If you look under that stilted foundation, it appears invisible
What do you expect to see? No invisible floor
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 6/18/19

Screenshot (396).pngScreenshot (395).png

Here's a few times I've seen it in game 

Message 16 of 78 (4,069 Views)

Re: Disappearing Floor Glitch

★ Apprentice

I am also having this problem. Decks over water will appear or disappear when the camera is rotated.

06-22-19_5-10-49.jpg

06-22-19_5-10-53.jpg

Message 17 of 78 (4,054 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's related to the new glass floor tiles.  When I remove the glass floors, the problem goes away.

Message 18 of 78 (4,041 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same thing is happening in my game, it's frustrating! Please fix it ASAP... I play on the highest settings too.

Message 19 of 78 (4,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 20 of 78 (4,011 Views)