Re: Stilted Foundation Glitch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Floors disappearing on water lots with glass floors

★★ Novice

The issue re-appeared in March this year, and not only for me(in Austria, playing on the German version, PC) but also to a friend in the UK who's also on PC. She has all packs, I'm only missing Tiny Living.
Floors just keep disappearing as you move the camera and re-appear. It's hard to put floor patterns on, because as soon as the floor glitches out, the pattern is placed wherever the heck the game wants to. Happens in different worlds, on different lots. I haven't had the patience to test it on every single lot of the game; please understand. It is just annoying as heck and wasn't there until Tiny Living got released. So some game update must have happened there that brought back the bug.

Screenshots I took show the same piece of floor from a very very very slightly changed angle. It doesn't matter if there's fence around or not, stairs attached, water or nothing beneath or even a room beneath. Happens on all above the ground levels, sometimes even on foundations, but less often.

Message 71 of 78 (1,440 Views)

Disappearing floor when using item from Island Living

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. Even Eco-Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? in sulani, go into build mode and make a room over the ocean (problem only happens over water NOT LAND). Change the foundation to one of the stilt foundations. Use the item called "crystal clear" from Island Living, the glass flooring piece that allows you to see the ocean under the floor. I usually place 4 in a square with a little space between each.... Then go and try to save your build. In one of the auto created images, the floor should be missing.
What happens when the bug occurs? The floor disappears when in build mode. It also happens in game play mode if I am at certain camera angles or if I zoom in too close to that room.
What do you expect to see? A floor :-P
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it either started after the patch that was released right before eco-lifestyle or it happened when I installed eco-lifestyle

this is a screen capture of one of the auto created images from when I go to save my build. 

Message 72 of 78 (1,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same issue and I *think* I might have fixed it! Mine was occuring on all 2nd story floors on my lot, and wasn't building over water so it might be different for you... A bit of a pain in the butt, but I retraced every wall on the 2nd floor and then replaced all of the floors with a different flooring type and they seem to be staying now. But we'll see if it stays that way in the long run!

Message 73 of 78 (1,291 Views)

@ennuialamode

Did you have the Crystal Clear glass floor placed on the same level somewhere?

What was the flooring tile you used before you replaced it?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 74 of 78 (1,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I' 'm having the same issue - has there been a fix for this?

Message 75 of 78 (1,213 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also having this issue! Like other people, this is happening in Sulani, and I am using the glass floor as well.

Message 76 of 78 (1,157 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Unsure--this is the first lot I've recognized it on
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them up to Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Again, unsure. In my case, I'm in Newcrest, building on a smaller lot. I have several separate buildings on the lot and on one of the buildings after completing the 2nd floor, I moved up to the 3rd floor and the flooring was alternating between being there and not being there. This was with the basic concrete flooring that's creating on the roof whenever you make a room. By adding a wood floor to it (I'm not sure which one originally, possibly the handscraped wood floor--it currently has Eco Lifestyle Slatted wood floor), the floor became permanent. On the second building I'm seeing this problem, I'm on the 4th floor and the original concrete floor kept disappearing. I added the Eco Lifestyle Shaded Grass floor and still had the same problem. When I switched it up to an older floor tile (Basic Black Bricks), I no longer had the problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? The floor disappears when in build mode. I'm not sure if it happens in live mode yet since I have to try it.
What do you expect to see? A floor 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I've seen the issue both with and without mods, it makes no difference. I currently do not have mods in place while testing this.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No. I've been working on this particular build for a couple of months now (before Eco Lifestyle came out) but don't recall it showing up specifically after a Windows or software update or after adding any specific new software.

Based on the testing I've been doing this is what I'm seeing:

1. It may take a short time for the issue to pop up. After closing and reopening the game, I went back to the building with the 4th floor issue and the one floor tile with Eco Lifestyle Shaded Grass was fine for almost 2 minutes and then started showing the issue again.

2. Adding and/or removing the Crystal Clear flooring from Island Living had no impact on the tiles I was using in Newcrest--meaning, the ones that didn't seem to be affected didn't become affected by adding the flooring and the ones that were showing the issue didn't change by adding or removing that flooring.

3. I've, so far, only had this happen while working on a space that isn't fully enclosed, usually a roof, balcony, etc. Even adding walls around the space will produce the error unless you add a roof. Once I fully enclosed the space (4 walls and roof), the issue went away.

4. As long as I have my mouse pointer over the floor having the issue, the tiles are visible, so pointing to any tiles on the 4th floor will make the whole floor look like everything is in place. When I mouse off of the floor or away from the building, the tiles become invisible again. Also, at certain angles the tiles will be invisible, as well.

5. Because I'm seeing this issue with very specific floor tiles, I thought it might be related to those floor types but a quick test of each of the floor tiles in game didn't show this. My game is currently not happy with the Shady Grass tiles but all other floor tiles on the particular building I tested worked fine. However, the other building on the same lot had issues with the default flooring on the 3rd floor until I added new floor tiles.

6. I tried enclosing a small room on the 4th floor that I was having issues with to see if the tiles on the roof of that room would have issue but couldn't replicate it on the roof with the default tiles or with the Shady Grass tiles that were causing issues on the 4th level flooring in that building.

Message 77 of 78 (1,096 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue related to flooring glitches while placing the dance floor or crystal clear
flooring.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Please specific which floor and lot you used and upload your lot to the gallery and post name when making a new thread. It's unclear if all issues mentioned in this thread are fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 78 of 78 (3,596 Views)