Re: [OPEN] [IL] Floors disappearing on water lots with glass floors

by junkpilejennifer

Original Post

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @SheriGR!!!

First of all, thank you for providing all those super helpful details of your experience with this issue.
Our team has been looking into this, however, they were not able to reproduce what you saw for your lot yet.
If you don't mind, could you provide us with your save file so we can take a closer look at your lot from there? That would help us a lot! (*badumts*)

Although I assume that you know already how to send files over to our team, here is a link that should contain all relevant info.

Thanks so much and Happy Simming!!! Party hat 
Dag dag! Wizard

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 61 of 78 (1,364 Views)

Champion

@SimGuruKuxiku I have pasted into the spoiler tag my previous comment (#49), as unfortunately I do not have any more updated information, personally. I hope it helps. Thank you!

Spoiler

There is a pic of this hole in in a post I added here for the front porch of this build, and I did not notice it as I progressed further into the build process. It appears at the beginning of this video, though, and I added a few more details about this in this thread, plus one screenshots of from this build. Please see comment #12.

I have a thought... I was just experimenting with something for a poster and tried using the "foundation_EP03GENshell" in hidden objects (from City Living) and when I put it on the home I saw the same hole in the earth. Could there be something in the code that overlaps in causing this dynamic?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 62 of 78 (1,354 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Anyone still seeing this? Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 63 of 78 (1,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SimGuruNick Not in my game. I have run across people mentioning issues with floor disappearing since this, but not in association with the glass flooring.

Spoiler
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 64 of 78 (1,211 Views)

Floor Disappears in Island Living Build from glass floors

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living (bug occurs in this pack), Discover University, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Movie Hangout Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build an island home WITH STILTS, and place the clear glass tiles on the deck.
What happens when the bug occurs? This makes the floor disappear, and is very irritating.
What do you expect to see? The floor disappears when I move my camera around it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have rebooted the game, removed all custom content and mods, and this is definitely a bug, and not a bug due to CC.

I know this has been posted before, but it seemed to have been forgotten and the bug still hasn't been fixed. I have confirmed that this is due to the "Crystal Clear" Misc Decoration. I removed it, the floor didn't disappear. Replaced it, and the floor disappeared. I removed all CC while doing that. Just need the Build Mode item to be fixed Frown I really liked it.

Message 65 of 78 (1,170 Views)

Re: Floor Disappears in Island Living Build from glass floors

Hero
@llinkinn I'm merging this with the current thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 78 (1,149 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, still happening.

Message 67 of 78 (1,140 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happening to me too and the floor even shows invisible on the world view. It doesnt happen every time I do anything with glass floors but I had noticed one I didnt intend to place, then when I removed it or tried to move it the floor would glitch out. 

02-16-20_3:24:47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 3.20.30 AM.png

I tried changing foundation type but all that did was prove those water ladders do go on forever lol

02-16-20_3:40:28 AM.png

Message 68 of 78 (1,052 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also having this issue. I downloaded a lot from the gallery for the Sapphire Shores property. I tried walling in the front porch to see if I could fix it but it just made it worse. I've played with Island Living before, I'm not sure what's happened that this is the first time I'm experiencing it. I can provide a save if someone wants it.

03-13-20_10-08-13 PM.png03-13-20_10-08-13 PM.png03-13-20_9-18-02 PM.png

Message 69 of 78 (981 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same... floor.PNG

Message 70 of 78 (931 Views)