Re: Stilted Foundation Glitch

by badmama62

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Floors for disappearing on water lots with glass floors

★ Novice

Hi everyone,

From my side the problem was caused not by the glass floor panes but by the 'Shake and Simmy Dance Floor'.

When put on the floor, i could slightly see some stilt foundations through it and it caused the floor disappearing in another room.

Also, I noticed that putting this dance floor on the floor cause a little delay that's not felt with others dance floors.

Message 51 of 78 (1,939 Views)

Re: Stilted Foundation Glitch

★ Guide

Hi everyone,

Dancefloors and transparent(glass) floor/rug from Island Living  causes problems in my game.

I discovered that this objects makes the floor (tiles) disappear build/buy and game mode or that NO other floor tiles can be placed. And I can not place other objects on that floor. It happens on all foundations outside the house. I build many houses after the release of Island Living, without dancefloors and the glass floor from IL and I have no problems, (when I used dancefloors or glass floor I have many problems.)When I removed this floor objects I can build what I want without problems.

I tested without mods/cc, it's the same. I have all packs, but not the latest patch, i am playing off-line.

Message 52 of 78 (1,878 Views)

Re: ‎Can't place anything on outside foundation.

★ Guide
@Boedicia69 I had the same problems with the dance floors, i removed him and i have no problems
Message 53 of 78 (1,876 Views)

Island Living Glitch | Sims 4 : Disappearing Outdoor Floor Glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? gp04.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own and have installed all of the packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house in Sulani and build either an outdoor deck or porch using the stilt foundation. The glitch occurs when moving the camera/zooming. I have also found that it can occur when hovering the cursor over that particular deck.
What happens when the bug occurs? When moving the camera around and/or zooming, the deck glitches in and out, becoming invisible and then visible over and over again. You can still see the stilt foundation but the floor disappears entirely. Sometimes it just simply isn't visible at all, rather than just glitching in and out. The same thing occurs when the cursor hovers over that particular decking.
What do you expect to see? I expect the floor to remain visible and stationary at all times, never glitching.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing the Island Living pack and building a stilt foundation in Sulani.

I. like apparently several others, am experiencing a glitch in the game after installing the Island Living expansion pack. When building any form of outdoor flooring and using the stilt foundation, whether over water or not, the floor glitches in and out - disappearing and reappearing - when I move the camera and/or zoom. Sometimes it completely disappears, which also occurs when hovering the cursor over the flooring. Whilst I have been able to place items on the flooring, adding and moving stairs has been tricky as it keeps glitching on and off, not recognising there's a floor there and then realising it is there over and over again. 

Message 54 of 78 (1,843 Views)

Re: ‎Can't place anything on outside foundation.

★ Guide
@SimGuruNick Sorry only now saw your message! Do you still need this?
Message 55 of 78 (1,805 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Floors disappearing on water lots with glass floors

★★ Novice

i am also having this issue, but so far its only happened on one specific lot in sulani for me.  i have read thru the replies and tried removing all the glass floors and it still happens. ive also tried changing the foundation type, raising the foundation, changing the flooring, and my game is updated and repaired. 

Message 56 of 78 (1,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@alynoelleg Can you please try adding a flooring to the area (try from several angles and by beginning at the edges) and see if this workaround helps you (it worked for me, so just in case)... Add anything except the default floor (construction quality concrete). If this does not work, please try removing glass roof tiles if you have any and see if this helps. Let us know how it goes!

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & backup daily. I don’t work for EA.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 57 of 78 (1,670 Views)

★★ Novice

hi, i added a new floor and the default flooring actually worked fine and fixed the issue. i have no glass roofs or floor tiles installed, but it actually looks like the type of flooring i used may be the issue. if i install the "lava bauble" flooring - specifically the blue/brown color - this is what happens now. i changed the flooring to a wood floor and the issue went away again. thanks for the help! id really like to be able to use that flooring though lol 

Message 58 of 78 (1,663 Views)

★★ Novice
@alynoelleg update: right after i posted this it started showing the foundation through the newly installed floor
Message 59 of 78 (1,662 Views)

Champion

@alynoelleg You may like to try another thing that sometimes helps which is to retrace all rooms on the first floor, then also add a different flooring that is not the default cement. Do you have Mods &/or CC? You can also try removing them and the localthumbcache.package file and run a game repair first, as sometimes that also helps. I had this issue in my Island living build, and on the porch adding a different flooring helped, and on the main first floor at one point I had to retrace all rooms individually to fix a flooring issue. You're welcome to give that a try, if you like. Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 60 of 78 (1,655 Views)