Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] New foundation disappears

by Lavendela91

Original Post

sims 4 island living issue

★★★★★ Apprentice

The issue is when i have build terrace and zooming in ,then i can see through it like in the photoUntitled.jpg

Is it normal to do this in Island Living?

I have no cc

Message 41 of 78 (1,960 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] New foundation disappears

★ Guide

Yes, I have this as well. Indoors seems to stay solid, but sometimes dissapears as well. Deck dissapears a lot. No mods, all updated and all packs installed. 

I play on pc. 

Message 42 of 78 (1,937 Views)

Re: ‎Can't place anything on outside foundation.

Champion

@Boedicia69 You say you connected the issue with the glass floor tiles. Do you mean that just having them on the lot caused it or it caused it in the area the tiles are on? I ask this because I do have them on the lot I mentioned, but they are not in the same area (ie, the front porch had the issue, but it has no glass tiles there).

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 43 of 78 (1,923 Views)

Unable to place objects in rooms/floor

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I bulldozed the Pier Perfection lot and built my own house. There are issues with certain rooms or parts of a terrace on the ground floor over the water.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I hover over a specific room the object/mouse disappears and I cant place any objects in the room, building works but furnishing does not. When zoomed in the whole floor disappears.
What do you expect to see? A normal floor where you can place objects!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After bulldozing the Pier Perfection lot, I built a new house on the lot. Building worked fine but when I tried to start furnishing the house some of the rooms and parts of the terrace glitch out and I cant place any objects in the rooms. The game sort of freezes for a second and then the mouse hops over the glitched room, moving the object to the other sode of the build and places it there.

Message 44 of 78 (1,916 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Just having them on the lot. My porch disappeared too and it had no tiles on them.
Message 45 of 78 (1,898 Views)

Champion

@Boedicia69 Thank you for adding that. Info that comes form troubleshooting factors can be helpful for EA when they go in to try to reproduce and fix the issue. :eahigh_file:

Message 46 of 78 (1,890 Views)

EA Sims Team

We can reproduce the issue now.  Thank you for the additional information everyone!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 47 of 78 (1,803 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Actually, we were able to reproduce the floor disappearing/reappearing when glass flooring is nearby. But we have not been able to reproduce the hole going through the world, like shown in @Bnibuilds's screenshot and a few other people's. They're potentially related/the same, but anyone with the hole going through the world, could you share a video/save file/Config.log? Thanks so much for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 48 of 78 (1,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SimGuruNick There is a pic of this hole in in a post I added here for the front porch of this build, and I did not notice it as I progressed further into the build process. It appears at the beginning of this video, though, and I added a few more details about this in this thread, plus one screenshots of from this build. Please see comment #12.

I have a thought... I was just experimenting with something for a poster and tried using the "foundation_EP03GENshell" in hidden objects (from City Living) and when I put it on the home I saw the same hole in the earth. Could there be something in the code that overlaps in causing this dynamic?

Message 49 of 78 (1,700 Views)

Stilted foundation is see-through from underneath

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for My First Pet Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a stilted foundation and raise it up enough to be able to look at it from underneath.
What happens when the bug occurs? It looks as if there is no floor/the floor/foundation is see-through and the furnitures are standing in the air.
What do you expect to see? A solid floor, not my furnitures hanging in mid air.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for My First Pet Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a stilted foundation and raise it up enough to be able to look at it from underneath.
What happens when the bug occurs? It looks as if there is no floor/the floor/foundation is see-through and the furnitures are standing in the air.
What do you expect to see? A solid floor, not my furnitures hanging in mid air.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 50 of 78 (1,693 Views)