[FIXED] [IL] Dried Scales Moodlet Won't Go Away

by rentur3

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Dried Scales Moodlet Won't Go Away

★★★ Newbie

ok, so... I actually have had this glitch happen a lot, and it happens every time. Just go into manage worlds, then go back, should be fine.

Message 41 of 48 (1,138 Views)

Mermaid dry scales Glitch

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except Moschino, Strangerville, Spooky stuff and Cool Kitchen stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a mermaid sim whose hydration was too low and got the dry scales debuff. But even after rehydrating, the debuff stays.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a mermaid sim whose hydration was too low and got the dry scales debuff. But even after rehydrating, the debuff stays. The debuff only resets if your sim travels to a different lot.
What do you expect to see? The dry scales debuff for dehydrated mermaids should go away after rehydrating.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought and installed Outdoor Living, Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting.

Since I installed Outdoor Living, Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting, I have had multiple glitches. To be honest my whole game is buggy and I cant seem to repair it with Origin..

One of the glitches is that when my mermaid gets the dry scales debuff, it does not disappear after getting rehydrated.

Message 42 of 48 (1,157 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Dried Scales Moodlet Won't Go Away

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@rentur3This happened to me. I solve it by going to manage worlds. I clicked move household but I didn’t actually move her out. I clicked out of it and just went back to play household. It reset the moodlet

Message 43 of 48 (1,086 Views)

★ Guide

Can confirm this bug is still occurring.

I have two mermaids in my household and every time their hydration motive becomes low, the Dried Scales buff persists even after they've completely replenished this motive by swimming. None of the usual methods to remove stuck moodlets work. Resetting the Sim, moodlet solver potions, not even testingcheats to manually remove the pesky moodlet; it doesn't appear in the list to delete. I have even gone so far as to use mods (MCCC and UI Cheats Extension) to remove the moodlet. Neither of these mods will remove it, either. The game basically thinks the moodlet isn't there at all, but it's still stuck on the Sim and tanking their mood somehow.

Reloading does remove it but having to reload or travel several times in a Sim day just to solve this problem is such a hassle that it takes a lot of the fun out of playing with mermaids at all.

Message 44 of 48 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am currently having this issue where mermaids have full hydration but won't lose the stinky fish moodlet.

Message 45 of 48 (1,006 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's still a problem

Message 46 of 48 (976 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The problem I have is that even if you get enough water, you still have dry fish scales. If you go to another place and you don't get enough water, you don't have dry fish scales. What I hope is that if you get enough water, the dry fish scales will disappear, dry Scales do not disappear.

Message 47 of 48 (839 Views)

Hero

Mermaids will no longer keep the “Dried Scales” Moodlet when they are hydrated.
Mermaids’ skin care regimen pays off! Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 48 (4,792 Views)