Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Dried Scales Moodlet Won't Go Away

by Kathykins

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Dried Scales Moodlet Won't Go Away

★★★ Guide

Also confirming that planning outfits will get rid of the moodlet. I used a mirror.

Message 11 of 48 (2,329 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Dried Scales Moodlet Won't Go Away

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 48 (2,303 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had my sim Plan Outfit at the mirror, exited CAS and the moodlet was gone! Seems to be the only fix right now. 

Message 13 of 48 (2,300 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictrentur3 This keeps happening for me as well. But not only with the dry scales moodlet, also general moodlets such as my toddler having a dirty diaper on(even after you have changed it and given the toddler a bath)
Message 14 of 48 (2,277 Views)

dehydrated mermaid

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every game pack except jungle adventure, every expansion pack,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dehydrate a mermaid once, and the moodlet stays depleted, even when they have been fully hydrated on their needs bar.
What happens when the bug occurs? The mermaid stays dehydrated/ almost dies.
What do you expect to see? Her hydration level shouldn't be going down this quickly especially when her hydration is full. I expect to see my sim coming back from work and not nearly dying of hydration each time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My mermaid is constantly dehydrated (moodlets), she was dehydrated once, and then once hydrated, her moodlet stayed. Her hydration is constantly depleting to the point she almost dies. She swims in the ocean everyday and bathes - I even tried drinking water and her hydration keeps going down at double the speed it used too.   I use no mods or CC.

Has anyone else had this issue? I would be very grateful if anyone has a solution for this.

Message 15 of 48 (2,242 Views)

Re: dehydrated mermaid

Hero
@notanothersimmer Merged your post with existing thread

Please try the workaround posted and click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 48 (2,213 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [IL] Dried Scales Moodlet Won't Go Away

★★ Apprentice
@crinrictrentur3 Exiting to main menu and reloading works too. Gets annoying if you have multiple mermaids in the family though.
Message 17 of 48 (2,122 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I got a question, does it matter what island your sims are on, because if your in the area where the vocanoe is, volcanoes when they erupt naturally one of the major problems with sea creatures is they tend to dry out faster, ash is a natural  absorbant of water and oil and can cause fish scales to dry out.  Maybe its not meant to go away on that vocanic island.  Just a thought.

Message 18 of 48 (2,111 Views)

★ Apprentice

It happens everywhere. Pretty sure it's not intended behaviour.

Message 19 of 48 (2,064 Views)

★★ Guide

Another workaround for people using the UI Cheats Extension mod: Just drag hydration down to yellow and up again, and it will usually go away!

Message 20 of 48 (2,046 Views)