by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Docking Boats/Aqua-Zips Doesn’t Work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, all GPs except Outdoor Retreat, SPs: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Kids Room, Backyard, Toddler, and Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim on a boat/aqua-zip then click on the Open Water Docking Point and Ladder object and chose "dock here".
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will get out off the boat/aqua-zip into the water. They'll use the ladder to get out of the water. Then the "dock here" action will cancel without anything happening.
What do you expect to see? The sim to actually dock their boat/aqua-zip.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living

[Admin - removed duplicate template]

Message 1 of 13 (5,006 Views)

Re: Docking Boats/Aqua-Zips Doesn’t Work

Hero
@IceDemon625 What do you expect the dock here to do ? For me they parked the aqua zip right where the pole is and then got in the water and climbed the ladder.

If the boat is already on the same lot, they kinda just leave where they stand but maybe if it's the lot, that's how it's supposed to be ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (4,908 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could you possibly share a screenshot/video of the issue? Thanks so much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 13 (4,887 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I thought they would park the boat by the pole, like you said. When my sims do it, they just leave the boat and go home. Maybe there's not enough room by the pole for them to park it? I'll try to post a video when I get the chance.
Message 4 of 13 (4,882 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@IceDemon625 Could you also test lot vs not on lot ?

Are there other boats there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (4,876 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict They have the conservationist canoe and an aqua-zip. I have a small square dock with a docking spot on each side. I'll add a docking spot to another lot and have a sim try to park both the boat and the aqua-zip on it.
Message 6 of 13 (4,864 Views)

★★★ Novice

This only seems to happen if the sim in the vehicle is close to their lot.  It happens with the canoe too.

The vehicle seems to go to whichever docking spot is closer, regardless of which one I told them to use.  The aqua-zip makes it onto the lot, but the boat doesn't.

Message 7 of 13 (4,828 Views)

Hero
Added as unsure.

Thanks for the videos.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (4,744 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've been having trouble reproducing this one, could I get a save file? Thanks much for the help! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 13 (4,674 Views)

★★★ Novice

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AusHzqZCkb8HhQl8lVmQtLqkoD84?e=oCajXG

Hopefully this is what you want.  I haven't done this before.  The save should be an elderly couple with a bunch of kids.

Message 10 of 13 (4,650 Views)