[FIXED] [IL] Chores for Odd Jobs not counting properly

by thoekstra

Original Post

Tasks for odd jobs not fulfilling

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.55.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs except ROM and Vampires, Stuff packs: bowling, vintage glamour, movie hangout, perfect patio, laundry day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Apply for an odd job from the 'needed by..' type (where you have to do the task yourself in stad of the sim dissapearing in a rabbit hole).
What happens when the bug occurs? When I perform the right task, the task does not fulfill.
What do you expect to see? I expect the task to be fulfilled when I perform it. Now there is no way to complete the job.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My tasks for the odd jobs are not fulfilling. I thought it might be because my sim did not live in Sulani. But I tested it with a sim that does live in Sulani, and the tasks are still not fulfilling. Not sure if this started after a certain patch, I installed Islang Living a few days ago. 

Message 31 of 50 (1,697 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Chores for Odd Jobs not counting properly

★★★ Novice
@Retsilia Oh, and do the "save and leave" ALWAYS before you start fulfilling the requirements. The game won't register anything happening before a "fresh start". No matter if you dive five times or collect all the available trash from the lot, if there's no save and quit you have nothing even if you do it then. It still happens to me sometime when I forget...
Message 32 of 50 (1,699 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Any job that requires actions to be done in Sulani, such as exploring the cave, collecting sea shells, and combing the beach for trash, seem to not give any credit. Any of the jobs that are "rabbit holes" which have your Sim leave and come back work with no issue.

It effectively kills about half of the jobs in the Odd Jobs list on every given day.

- B

Message 33 of 50 (1,604 Views)

★ Novice
@Retsilia Thanks! Can confirm that choosing Save and Exit to Main Menu, then reloading prior to attempting a task does work. But yikes, I hope EA gets a fix in soon.
Message 34 of 50 (1,519 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Its almost like if you don't live in sunline it don't register you have it until you save and exit to main menu, than the mail to works.  It may be just a problem with sims that don't live in shuni.  I had no problem doing the job with my sim in shuni.

Message 35 of 50 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm getting this issue too. Cooking pork not registering, diving for treasure, searching the cave, looking for shells etc. 

Seems to be anything where you have to physically complete tasks for the odd jobs.

Message 36 of 50 (1,466 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have go the same issue: My sim is a resident of Sulani. She gets an odd job: Collect shells and mail them to XY. She collects shells: The counter does not go up. She mails them, the shells disappear: The counter does not count them. Then comes the deadline: Your sim failed to deliver....

I am playing a Vanilla game, no CC, no Mods.

Got Moschino and the latest patch.. 

Message 37 of 50 (1,418 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Also been having issues with completing odd jobs. 

Message 38 of 50 (1,306 Views)

Re: Tasks for odd jobs not fulfilling

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue. My sim lives in one of the off grid lots so he travels to use the phone and apply for the odd jobs, then usually travels back to do the tasks. The collect & send tasks has not worked since installing the new patch + university + magic this weekend. 

Message 39 of 50 (1,257 Views)

Re: Tasks for odd jobs not fulfilling

★★★★ Apprentice

I was not able to quit the odd job (would rather quit than fail, right?). Nothing happened when clicking the garbage bin-button. 

Message 40 of 50 (1,241 Views)