Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Child of Ocean gets sick from Kalua Pork

by riverx2bananas

Original Post

Re: Child of Ocean getting stomach squall when eating Kalua Pork

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It's understandable. I appreciate all the time and effort you are giving to trying to help us out.

I tried with sims with different treats, aspirations, gender and age. I tried playing on different lots in Sulani and the result is always the same. Of course every one of them had this Child of the Ocean trait, because that is only trait that is associated to this issue in my game. I always deleted previous The Sims 4 folder in documents before trying again.

I don't think this is something I can fix. I hope I'm wrong though as it's annoying.
Message 11 of 22 (1,655 Views)

Re: Child of Ocean getting stomach squall when eating Kalua Pork

Hero
@riverx2bananas Weird. I've forwarded this for now. Maybe others can chime in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 22 (1,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

This happens to me if my sim with the Child of the Ocean trait are eating from the large Kalua Pork meal that you can cook, but it does not seem to happen if she eats from the small one that you can cook as well.

Message 13 of 22 (1,628 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@mh4515 You are right! I always cook that big bbq meal of Kalua pork, and now I tried cooking that smalled meal, "festive meal" or what ever it is in English game (?) and sure enough she didn't get sick when she ate that! So I guess it's a bug concerning only that big bbq meal, not all Kalua Pork and might explain why some have issues with it while some don't.

Also, I noticed she got same upset tummy after eating big size chicken meal cooked, game saying she ate fish. I haven't tried cooking chicken more often than that, so I don't know how often it happens.
Message 14 of 22 (1,596 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Child of Ocean gets sick from Kalua Pork

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 22 (1,579 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also have this issue, no mods. Only started after the most recent June 2020 patches, not prior.

Message 16 of 22 (1,436 Views)

★★ Guide

I had this bug happen to me recently too. Mermaid teen Child Of The Ocean is getting a "Stomach Squall" sad moodet after eating Kalua Pork.  After looking through the previous posts, I'll add that the dish was cooked in the fire pit. Her other trait is Music Lover.

Message 17 of 22 (1,358 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Child of Ocean gets sick from Kalua Pork

Hero (Retired)

I'm having this issue on PS5. My mermaid cooked the Kalua Pork in the Island Living fire pit. She is the premade Nalan who is a Child of the Ocean. She gets sick from eating.

The Sims™ 4_20201206150801.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20201206150751.jpg

Message 18 of 22 (1,282 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My sims are mermaids. The adult cooks chicken or sometimes pork in the bbq pit. The child mermaid is fine but the adult, always thinks he's eaten fish and gets the stomach squall moodlet. I think this is just the BBQ pit that's causing the problem. Child has squeamish trait to stop him throwing paint everywhere and adult is a child of the ocean.  Would really like to be able to eat from the pit, but I guess I'll be removing it, until there's a fix.

Message 19 of 22 (973 Views)

★ Guide

Currently having this problem while playing the pre-made Kealoha household. Happens every time with Makoa. If some trait combination is what's causing this it seems extra annoying, since I didn't even pick his traits, EA did. 

Message 20 of 22 (809 Views)