by MisplacedMel

Original Post

[OPEN] Hurt Toddlers ALWAYS become Deeply Wounded

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler get the hurt sentiment (it doesn't seem to take much in my households). It seems that at least one toddler always ends up "hurt" by a parent. Having the toddler do something wrong, and the parent tell them not to do that thing seems to make it happen a lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? After decay, the Hurt sentiment ALWAYS becomes Deeply Wounded. Even when there are no further negative interactions and lots of positive ones. I know this, because I found the cheat to remove the Hurt sentiment, and on removal, deeply wounded came up immediately. This also happened in a household where I allowed the hurt sentiment to decay over time.
What do you expect to see? I expect hurt feelings that are followed by absolutely no negative interactions to go away over time. Especially with toddlers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I didn't play with toddlers after the November patch, so for me, I only saw this happen after the December 2020 patch: 1.69.59.1020

Realistically, I'm hoping that the length of time that toddlers remain hurt is a bug as well. At the very least, it's an oversight. Mathematically, comparing a "Normal" lifespan toddler to a RL toddler's timetable these toddlers are remaining hurt from being punished for 52 days (if you generously say that IRL toddlerhood lasts 3 years). My nieces are frequently disciplined by me (they're toddlers), and every time I show up they run to me for hugs and tell me they missed me even if it's the next day. Toddler sentiments should decay much faster than other Sim's.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (2,672 Views)

Re: Hurt Toddlers ALWAYS become Deeply Wounded

★ Guide

@crinrict Why did my post get moved here? My toddlers did have a reason for being hurt, even if the hurt sentiment is an overreaction for a toddler who's being punished.

Message 2 of 5 (2,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MisplacedMel It sounded very similar to Ops and other reports in that thread but I'll split again if that's what you want.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (2,593 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I'll leave it up to your best judgment. I just wanted to make sure you did know that the title of the thread doesn't match my experience.
Message 4 of 5 (2,557 Views)

★★★ Guide

This toddler is deeply wounded from being told making a mess was disappointing. Her mom didn't even use the YELL discipline action! Now the toddler throws fits when in the same room as her mom because of the negative moodlets.

Message 5 of 5 (2,316 Views)