[OPEN] Houses/Lots disappear

by crinrict

Original Post

Houses have disappeared

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, Vampires, Parenthood, Tiny House Stuff, Fitness stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? this is the first time this has ever happened after an update install.
What do you expect to see? The houses that disappeared to be back
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I just installed the latest update and about 11 houses/venues have disappeared. The people are still there but the houses are completely gone. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anyway to get them back?

Message 421 of 557 (1,171 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Houses/Lots disappear

★ Apprentice
Message 422 of 557 (1,063 Views)

EA Sims Team

@PointlessHippie 

Which lot were you having issues with?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 423 of 557 (1,035 Views)

★ Apprentice

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_0oEVHsY5i7wzmbE3-K1qHGp-4zj1CpH/view?usp=sharing

Here's the updated save, it's now having problems. Every lot isn't working.

Message 424 of 557 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in?: English
How often does the bug occur? Unsure, haven't been willing to check other saves, always for current save file
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter the lot, whether in live mode or build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? This is the first time this has ever happened after an update install, and I have not checked other save files. It first happened when I had my sims attempt to travel to a park. When I go to a lot via travelling or enter through build mode, it's blank and the Lot Type has been changed to residential, no matter where the lot is. Sims cannot go on vacation, as the lots have been changed to residential & not a destination location. The home lot is safe, and I was able to replace one park because it was in my gallery. I have no way of getting all the lots exactly as they were, even if they were the original Maxis lots, because not all of them are automatically loaded into the library or the gallery. 
What do you expect to see? The game functioning normally, as it was until the update
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, I have tried pulling them out, no change.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes

Save File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lWvgTdnbgkajOcC1-uLKZVQWDYVKpH3q/view?usp=sharing

Message 425 of 557 (956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product:  TS4

Platform:  PC

Language: English (used German in the past)

How often: Everytime (or almost everytime) in specifc save game

Current Game Version:

Expansion Packs: Seasons, City Living, Get Famous

How Can we find the bugs ourselves:
Enter Torendi Tower, Penthouse in the Arts Quarter or Stargazer Lounger, either in Live Mode, Build Mode (via Live Mode) or Build Mode (via Map)

What Happens when the bug occurs:
- The entire building (e.g. Torrendi Tower ) is gone in Live/Build leaving the grid on the ground or street level, see image below
 >  Placing a saved lot on the grid on street level placed the apartment on the street level (tried with stargazer lounge). 

-In some save files the building was still present (Torendi Tower), but the aprtment lot on the building was gone and no grid was visible, so no saved lot could be placed or a new one could be built. Then, the bilding also looked different in map mode (just green gras)

-Apartments I had remodeled appeared with base furtniture in Map mode, but all was fine in Live/Build mode
-Houses I built/downloaded in other worlds, did not appear on the map, but appeared in Live/Build mode

- Interestingly, anytime I enter a corrupted lot I get a message warning me that CC could not be found and has been removed/replaced. (This is of course, because I tried everything without mods). So the data is still there, it just doesnt show. 

What do you expect to see?:
My lots as I remodeled them, on top of the buildings, not street level. 

CC or Mods: yes , but bug still present in vanilla mode

Did the issue appear after specific patch or change you made?
Noticed it first time in August.

03.save is my latest gameplay file, completely corrupted. 
03.save.var4 is not currped (at least from what I have checked)
03.save.var3 is corrupted and was saved only a few hours after var.4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yuRJHa-TG6YskYpUulz-o6nkeqZfbq2v/view?usp=sharing

Message 426 of 557 (883 Views)

Lots disappearing sims4

★ Novice

So I’ve seen other people have this bug and I’ve tried everything, I’ve reinstalled the game 3 times I’ve reinstalled origin and I’ve repaired the game yet the problem still persists. After a few hours of game play after I reinstall lots disappear, apartments and university buildings as well. I don’t know what to do the game is just unplayable at this point. I don’t understand where the problem is coming from since I’ve delete everything and started fresh when I reinstalled:/ 

Message 427 of 557 (846 Views)

Re: Lots disappearing sims4

Hero
@ccannayhh This is kind of a mystery problem. I merged your post with the current bug report.

Do you have a save from before it started happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 428 of 557 (815 Views)

Empty lot bug when traveling

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Dlc
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? the bug just showed up and isn't going away
What happens when the bug occurs? every lot and property I travel to just shows up on empty land.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see houses on lots, but whenever my household attempts to travel anywhere that isnt their own home they end up on an empty lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As you can see completely empty lots and a floating room. 

Message 429 of 557 (817 Views)

Re: Lots disappearing sims4

★ Novice

Hello no I don’t  since I deleted everything because I thought that would fix the problem :/

Message 430 of 557 (751 Views)