[OPEN] Houses/Lots disappear

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Appartment buildings missing??

Hero
@Jiwanz Then I'm afraid I don't have a solution for you. I don't know if any way to replace apartment buildings.

Best is probably to save all your houses/Sims to the gallery and start a new game. You'll loose all relationship but everything else should stay intact.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 371 of 557 (1,374 Views)

Missing Content

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently downloaded a couple of Sims 4 expansion packs and extras but since then on my world view screen, all my homes are missing. When I hover over the lots, I can see the family is still there but the lots are empty. Most importantly a couple of my dogs are sick but when I go to the world that has the vet clinic I can clearly see the building from that viewpoint but when I got to the lot the vet clinic is completely gone. I've tried to repair my entire sims 4 packages but it didn't fix things. I'm lost on what to do next. Please help. 

Message 372 of 557 (1,373 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

@edensmist75  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Would you be willing to share some backup saves from before the issue appeared?  @SimQARobo has asked for saves from affected players; instructions are linked in the post here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-REQUEST-Houses-Lots-disappear/m-p/7678908#M136736

Instructions on how to recover backups are linked in the first post on page 1.  This is probably your best bet as well, since there's currently no solution besides reverting to a backup from before the houses disappeared.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 373 of 557 (1,354 Views)

Island Living Invisible House!

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living, vampires, city living, get to work, jungle adventure, dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim house goes invisible
What do you expect to see? I build a house at the sea and next time I enter the game it gets invisible but when looking at it at the map it shows perfectly...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi!

I bought the expansion of Island Living yesterday and when I place a lot and start decorating it everything its okay but when I re-enter the game it is totally invisible... if I go to the map I see it on perfectly but again when entering it's more of the same, if I use the moving tool for the house I can drag it but I still can't see it, do you know if there is any solution?

I tryed it withiut any kind of mod or cc and it happens the same.

I have passed the ModConflictDetector and everything is fine too, so I'm lost now...

Message 374 of 557 (1,331 Views)

Re: Island Living Invisible House!

Hero
@IchiCryptorchid Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Do you happen to have a backup from before they start disappearing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 375 of 557 (1,319 Views)

★ Novice

No, I don't have a previous backup Frown

Message 376 of 557 (1,290 Views)

Hero
Maybe you get lucky with the automatich ones: ichicryptorchid https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 377 of 557 (1,272 Views)

★ Apprentice

I haven't got Island Living but I have a similar issue, and can't find any posts on it but this one. 

Lots that I have built and downloaded in the three worlds given in the base game, will disappear when I'm not playing them in that family's save, but reappear as soon as I do.

it's not damaging my game, and I have removed any Mods that conflicted or sent any message saying they might be broken or outdated, and I noticed this when I started the game earlier on towards the end of last month when I got it.

Does anyone have this issue/strange occurance in their game? 

Message 378 of 557 (1,226 Views)

Missing Buildings in Strangerville

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampire, Island Living, Get Famous, Strangerville, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try to play Strangerville, I guess
What happens when the bug occurs? Any attempt to travel to a building in Strangerville results in an empty lot. No building. Tried to go to the Info centre (no building) and lab (no building). Returning to my home resulted in an empty lot. I already reinstalled Origin.
What do you expect to see? Buildings. I expected to find buildings.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I added Strangerville, that's it. This is literally my first attempt to play it.

A big empty.

Message 379 of 557 (1,154 Views)

Re: Missing Buildings in Strangerville

Hero
@IMPNASTEP This is unfortunately a very old issue and no solution/cause was ever found.

Other than going back to a backup before they are disappearing, there doesn't seem to be a permanent solution.

I merged your post with existing thread. If you have a save from before they disappear, that would be helpful for QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 380 of 557 (1,141 Views)