[OPEN] Houses/Lots disappear

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

EA Sims Team

Hello @Guap_Juice05 

Do you happen to have saves from before the house disappeared?  If so, would you be willing to send them to me through private message?

Instructions on how to send saves are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 331 of 557 (1,692 Views)

Lots are disappearing no matter what I do.

★ Apprentice

Hi. 

I have at least a thousand hours on Sims and I've genuinely never had to deal with this until 2 weeks ago. 

Lots keep disappearing, I mean residential and community. If my sims go to them, they disappear, if I open the lot using manage worlds to edit it, it's gone. I do play with mods all the time, but even taking them out didn't help. They're there on the world map, however when I open it, it's gone. Sometimes if I edit a lot to build a new house there, the old house is there in the world map but once opened, either the house I built is there or the entire lot is gone. 

I've disabled script mods, removed all my mods and custom content, repaired my game at least 5 times, and even waited for the patch today (4.16.19), started a new save file, started a new game and put my save back in and it is STILL broken. I have no clue what else to do. This is insanely frustrating. It's the same response on every single one of the threads like this, and none of them are helping me. I've even asked in modding Discords for help and no one knows what to do. The admins there have just gone to ignoring me because they have no clue what to do to help me. There's a 3% chance the lot will be there, it's just so annoying when I try to move my sims into a new apartment or something and the entire building is missing. 

I really cherish this game deeply but there honestly seems to be no fix. Is there one, or am I just gonna have to just stop playing? Please do not suggest the same things I've already tried to do to fix my game, the things I've already listed. They help for like 2 hours and it happens again. Disabling script mods helped for a few hours before it started messing up again, which is the longest it's ever been fixed.

Message 332 of 557 (1,369 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello. 

I've been having this problem for the past two weeks. I've repaired my game several times, restarted my save, taken all my mods and custom content out, started with a new game and put a save in, and none of it seems to work. 

Here's my save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H4ZbOFx51lsGGSukJrWamzElS1dDURyE

I've done so much in attempts to fix this. I do play with a pretty modded game, but as I said nothing seems to fix this, not even taking every last mod out.

Message 333 of 557 (1,365 Views)

Hero

HI @PointlessHippie 

thanks for the save. I've merged your other post in here as well.

Could you try this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-REQUEST-Houses-Lots-disappear/m-p/7420325#M134300 .. don't know if it helps but it's worth a try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 334 of 557 (1,343 Views)

★ Apprentice
I've tried that several times and it doesn't work for me.
Message 335 of 557 (1,337 Views)

Hero
Then I'm afraid I don't have another solution for you either.

Tagging @SimQARobo again though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 336 of 557 (1,330 Views)

EA Sims Team

@PointlessHippie 

Thank you for the save file.  Do you have enough file space on your computer?  Also, can you share your hardware specs?  Does the issue still occur if you clear your entire \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder?  (You can move the folder contents to another place if you want to preserve it for later.)

(Sorry for my delayed response.)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 337 of 557 (1,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@SimQARobo @crinrict I have the same problem. Every lot my sim travels to, the lot disappears. I remember making my sim move into a lot and bulldozing it. Now whenever I renovate or move a sim into a lot, it does not give me the options of Bulldozing, Furnished or Unfurnished. I simply just bulldoze all the time. The other thing is, I did save. Multiple times. It only has happened in my current save.

Are you using mods and custom content in your game? If no, did you remove or never use?
Yes, I do. I removed all mods to see if the problem went away and it did not.
Do you download houses from the Gallery?
Yes. Not often.
Which expansion do you have?
I have all the packs.
What's your operating system?
Windows 7.
When did this occur? When you loaded the game or on traveling?
When my sim travels to a lot.
Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too?
Just the building, sort of. I traveled to the spice festival and the Karaoke Bar and Basketball court disappeared.

Here is a photo of the problem. 

Message 338 of 557 (1,190 Views)

EA Sims Team

@saturnpluie 

Do you happen to have a save from before the lots disappeared?  If so, would you be willing to share it?

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Message 339 of 557 (1,160 Views)

★★ Novice
I do not Frown I just ended up deleting all my saves (after copying them) then deleted my mods folder. The problem disappeared after that, maybe its something to do with saves? I also forgot to mention that I went to an old save, before I cleaned out my folder, and the problem never occurred.
Message 340 of 557 (1,157 Views)