[OPEN] Houses/Lots disappear

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: All the original lots and my houses keep on disappearing!

★★ Novice

This worked for me....

★★★★ NOVICE
Sid1701d9

Houses disappearing is the result of scratch files not matching the world files in the game.  In order to properly backup your game you need to take the whole save folder out from the Ea_games folder, in Windows it will be in my documents.  There is a folder in there that says scratch, this holds the recent lot changes to the original neighborhoods this whole scratch folder needs to be saved with your saves, or the lots will not show up.  This contains coordinates of objects and building and your modified thumbnails.  Each save should have its own scratch folder.  I hope this helps.  In order to get it to work properly I had to move my save folder out of the ea_games directory and delete the ea games directory load and exit game and bring the whole save folder back and the games should load the lot with the  proper stuff how you know it works is non of the lots will have thumbnails until you save the first time, than exit game and load again everything should be as it was.

@mzhang04 wrote:

I've been having this problem for a few months now. It's gotten to the point where I was so frustrated that I just stopped playing sims 4 in general. Every time my sim travels anywhere, the lot disappears, whether it be a house, a bar, or a park. I've tried multiple solutions online and none of them have worked. I've even deleted my game and restarted, only to find that after a few times playing on the new game, the same problem happens. Can anybody please help me? 

Message 321 of 557 (1,328 Views)

★★ Novice
If this fix is too complicated and you DON'T WANT to recover your saved games and custom content, all you have to do is delete the folder and restart the game.
Go into your documents folder and into the Electronic Arts folder, delete the Sims 4 folder and restart the game. It should repopulate everything back to default and you'll have a working game.
I'm assuming that since reinstalling the game didn't work for me before, these files remain when you remove the game and reinstall it.
Hope it helps.

@kayrae0501 wrote:

This worked for me....

★★★★ NOVICE
Sid1701d9

Houses disappearing is the result of scratch files not matching the world files in the game.  In order to properly backup your game you need to take the whole save folder out from the Ea_games folder, in Windows it will be in my documents.  There is a folder in there that says scratch, this holds the recent lot changes to the original neighborhoods this whole scratch folder needs to be saved with your saves, or the lots will not show up.  This contains coordinates of objects and building and your modified thumbnails.  Each save should have its own scratch folder.  I hope this helps.  In order to get it to work properly I had to move my save folder out of the ea_games directory and delete the ea games directory load and exit game and bring the whole save folder back and the games should load the lot with the  proper stuff how you know it works is non of the lots will have thumbnails until you save the first time, than exit game and load again everything should be as it was.

@mzhang04 wrote:

I've been having this problem for a few months now. It's gotten to the point where I was so frustrated that I just stopped playing sims 4 in general. Every time my sim travels anywhere, the lot disappears, whether it be a house, a bar, or a park. I've tried multiple solutions online and none of them have worked. I've even deleted my game and restarted, only to find that after a few times playing on the new game, the same problem happens. Can anybody please help me? 

Message 322 of 557 (1,325 Views)

EA Sims Team

@mzhang04 Yes, if you can send me all of your saves, it may be helpful.

@ilovemusicals21  Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 323 of 557 (1,317 Views)

★★ Novice

<bottom>

Well I don't know whether I did it right or not, but here's everything under my saves folder. Thanks!

Message 324 of 557 (1,302 Views)

EA Sims Team

@mzhang04 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 325 of 557 (1,275 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

★ Novice

1. Yes I'm using mods in the sims 4. I took them out to see if there was still a problem and there was.

2. Yes

3.None

4.Windows 10

5.When i loaded the game and when traveling.

6.Just the house and other lots.

Message 326 of 557 (1,251 Views)

Every time I travel the houses get deleted

★ Novice

anywhere I travel with my sim gets deleted except my Apartment

Message 327 of 557 (1,175 Views)

Re: Every time I travel the houses get deleted

Hero

Hi @simmer321abc 

Just the house or the Sim too ?

If it's just the house, it sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-REQUEST-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279/

Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 328 of 557 (1,168 Views)

★ Novice

I'm on Mac and just the house. It's anylot I go to like the gym or the bar. 

Message 329 of 557 (1,159 Views)

Hero

HI @simmer321abc 

Yeah, that does sound like the same. I merged your save.

Could you provide SimQARobo with your save ? Also check if the solution Sid posted helps you in any way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 330 of 557 (1,145 Views)